Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

WTF happened at Pismo?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004 | 02:09 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default WTF happened at Pismo?????

Raptor Owner...they pull over the guys with the Harleys around here. Coworker got pulled over and his bike is 100% stock. The cops used to hang out over by the Harley Dealership in Fresno and bust guys.

It's anyone with loud exhaust.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-08-2004 | 04:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

not sure what part of nipomo he lives in but chances are it isnt pismo he is hearing. There are a lot of back woods trails and tracks and i know for a fact that is what he hears. My mother lives on the bluffs just outside of the dunes and you still cant hear bikes, let alone in nipomo which is 15 miles away.

Old 11-08-2004 | 04:31 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
not sure what part of nipomo he lives in but chances are it isnt pismo he is hearing. There are a lot of back woods trails and tracks and i know for a fact that is what he hears. My mother lives on the bluffs just outside of the dunes and you still cant hear bikes, let alone in nipomo which is 15 miles away.
That is kind of what I was thinking because you cant hear the quads after a few hills anyways. Let alone the sand rails and hopped up Jeeps. I have a friend that his grandparents own some of the fenced off area behind the dunes and they dont hear any of that. I maybe talking to them soon to find out if I can make a drag strip back there on their property..... hehehehehe

Old 11-08-2004 | 07:53 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I said he has friends/family who live closer to the dunes. But towards that way (SE). That's what I was told. He was outside abotu 10pm one night at his friends place and could hear them.

Old 11-08-2004 | 08:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

never heard a quad. But you can hear the cars from the santa maria speedway.

Old 11-09-2004 | 12:18 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Beach...that could be what they are hearing then. I didn't know anything about it, and it was what my boss told me. (He used to go play out there back in the early 80s I guess what his daughter told me.)

Old 11-09-2004 | 12:19 AM
Range Rover

what do we have to do to change what they are doing?pismo with no flats is retarded.it isnt even worth going.

Old 11-09-2004 | 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the flats were all pismo had.

Old 11-09-2004 | 01:42 AM
Range Rover

man,i was just gonna start the big motor so i could try and play with you big boys.if it ends up that you cant do any racing there i may sell the banshee.i dont wanna have to drive 5hrs just to ride the thing.the 3hrs to pismo is a easy drive.sand mountain is 5 hrs but sucks in the winter.and they are supposedly gonna stop the racing at glamis and dumont.

Old 11-09-2004 | 01:50 AM
Air Cooled Rider

OK, where'd this No Racing thing start from? I got PMed by someone about anything in the CVC about racing (as far as I can tell, there's nothing there, but it may be covered in some other section of the CVC, or some state, Parks or local rule (but I would hazard it isn't.) I could see limits on organized racing event, like the Endurance Race, just due to Law Enforcement demands they would want fees, insurance, etc.

This just seems to be an actual ENFORCEMENT of EXISTING law that applies. Be glad they are enforcing the sound laws and not having to lock the gates and shut the place down by court order.

I know there was a press release over a year ago when they reset all the Green/Red stickers that they would be strictly enforcing both registration AND sound emissions.

Quick Reply: WTF happened at Pismo?????