Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

WTF happened at Pismo?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004 | 04:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default WTF happened at Pismo?????

You're going to have to fight off all the other people first!

you guys wouldnt understand. Its a beech thing...lol

Old 11-05-2004 | 10:53 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Every rider needs to embrace this 96 dB thing! It will buy us a lot of good PR with the non-riding public. Sound is what most people object to, and if we can eliminate that problem, we are going to be way ahead in terms of land access.

I have had to put Quiet Cores in all my bikes. Cost me a lot, and it meant that every bike had to have a rejet. Still, 96 dB is loud enough that you can still get that MANLY feel, but not bother the neighbors so much.

Old 11-05-2004 | 10:58 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: reconranger
not bother the neighbors so much.
Neighbors, such as what - The lizards, rats and birds??? Come on, I see if your ripping thru the campsites being a problem but if your trucking your quad out to the middle of the dunes WHO ARE YOU BOTHERING THEN????? I dont see the justice here at ALL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2004 | 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

AGREE ticket the ones on the beach front reving the motor or blasting by the camps, but 2 miles away at the flats or hill! they busted my girls kasea 90 on labor day. they told me it was over a 200.00 fine. that would have been a expensive trip if he came back

Old 11-05-2004 | 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone have a copy of the ticket they can post? I have a friend who is a CHP officer and he does not believe the ticket would hold ground in court.

Old 11-05-2004 | 03:44 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
Anyone have a copy of the ticket they can post? I have a friend who is a CHP officer and he does not believe the ticket would hold ground in court.
That would be sweet!! Lets get to the nitty gritty on this.

Oh, what about the Harley STREET BIKES that cruise around the city and neighborhood..........?????

Old 11-05-2004 | 04:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

why wouldnt it hold in court? Its a state regulated law saying that if you have a bike over 96dB then you get a ticket. Its pretty cut and dry. Oregon has been citing people for a very long time and they seem to get away with it every day of every month. Including holidays! lol

Old 11-05-2004 | 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

Not only will it hold up but when they tell you you cant ride it out you need to go get your truck then what? risk getting it impounded? My friends it will hold up in court.

Old 11-08-2004 | 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!

Originally posted by: DrDune
Originally posted by: DSengineer
Yeah but who bankrupted the state and got us into this mess in the first place. THat would be Grey Davis. I would much rather be paying a few more dollars to enter a state park than having my car registration doubled by Grey. Sand Mtn NV was only listed to provide a comparison to what is now being charged at Pismo and everyone seems to be crying about. I don't see $50/year being unreasonable when your other option could have been taking out a loan just to pay your car registration.
Actually it was Enron and special intrest groups that almost bankrupted CA .... when they were selling energy at 3-10 time the actual cost ... and if you remember the car registration hike was only a one time deal for old cars and 3 years on any new car purchases, and that was it. a surplus for the state but californias choose otherwise, now as the state seeks funds from everywhere, the compalints are starting up again. When if you all would have stuck to the plan it would have been over by now, unless your buying a new car, but if your buying a new car you can get the dealer to pay tha extra 3 bills, but that acient history. Now every state run program will hike prices up..... good luck[/quote]

And who was it that lobbied for and signed those long term energy deals? Again GREY DAVIS!
In 2001 California state park prices were rolled back considerably. Who's to say the current prices are set in stone. They will probably be around for a few years but if and when the state gets back in the red I wouldn't be suprised to see the prices pulled back.

Old 11-08-2004 | 01:51 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I gotta jump in on this one....

CVC Section 38370(h)(1) lists the noise limits. It's plain as day in there. Page 14 of that PDF file.

My Boss owns a place over in Nipomo and has friends/family that live pretty close to the dunes (SE of the park). You can hear people out in the dunes at all hours of the night running around. The wind will carry the noise (believe it or not, noise can be carried by the wind) inland. The testing proceedure is set forth in the CVC Section cited above. Well, it references an SAE standard test proceedure. If you go to the OHV web site for the parks dept. you can even download a copy of the proceedure.

Would you rather they shut the park down completely? Or be like Hollister where the neighbors sued Parks to make the enforce an existing law?

As far as fees...ya, it sucks it went up. But sheesh, $50 a year to ride 365 (or 366 in leap years) days? How can that not be a bargain. Camping is $10. You can't even stay up in the forest at a decent campground for less than $14 a night. Most of the toy boxes and what not people drag around you would need a double space ($28).

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: WTF happened at Pismo?????