Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Which one is a better climber at the dunes, LT80 or Breeze125? and Why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one is a better climber at the dunes, LT80 or Breeze125? and Why?

LT80, theres more aftermarket parts avalible plus its a 2 stroke so its pretty easy to tweak with the egine and punch plenty of power out of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2005, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

In the dunes its paddles. paddles, paddles. My 9 year old has an lt80 and pretty much follows me everywhere. Presently there are no engine mods - yet. The only changes from stock are all three speed restrictors have been finally taken out, wheel spacers on both axles for a wider stance and higher rise handle bars. The next step is a K&N air filter (in garage awaiting next ride) and a pipe (something for her to look forward to for next fall).

Our 4 year old cousin has an lt50. The last time at Dumont he only had the stock tires, and could make only the small hills around the camp. This last weekend he went back to Dumont with paddles. I hear he made it to comp hill, something he could not do with teh knobbies (couldn't get over the last hill before the whoop de dos). So for dunes, no matter the machine, it's full throttle and paddles.

When I was upgrading my daughter's lt50 (the one her cousin is on) I was considering either the lt80 (which she got), the breeze (too big for her at the time - although I still wish they made them for her next ride) and the predator 90. Everyone I asked questions of said the lt80 was the most reliable - takes a licking and keeps on ticking. This has been our experience thus far.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Lt80 and it will climb comp hill at Glamis and Buttercup. ....I had Jack Moore do the porting and clutch mods. I have the CT pipe and the 20mm carb....Oh yeh..I had a 110# kid ride it all the way up comp hill at Buttercup.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

BigBubba did you pick your name from being in the slammer and wishing you were bubba instead of the other way around? Your statement was stupid, plain and simple and it by no means helps the person who posts it. riding is a family activity for a lot of us and duning is not all about drag racing or hill climbing.
As to the question at hand the lt 80 is the best choice. unless you pay to have motor work done then don't pipe it, all that does is create noise with no real power gain. Remove 2 of the 6 rollers from the primary clutch an you'd be amazed what an lt can do with a set of 6 paddle gliders. Plus take off the rear skid plate it tends to high center on ruts.
For more tips go to the kids forum and look up jack moore(lt80) he is a guru with these little things.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:09 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: quadduck
YourBigBubba did you pick your name from being in the slammer and wishing you were bubba instead of the other way around? statement was stupid, plain and simple and it by no means helps the person who posts it. riding is a family activity for a lot of us and duning is not all about drag racing or hill climbing.
LMAO and the second part is so true[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We use both the LT80 and 2 breezes in our camp. The LT80 is mainly the adult toy around camp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but, does see it's fair share of duning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] For a small quad, it does get up and go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] On the breezes, the two kids in camp that ride them are about 100 and 140 lbs. They can take them out into the dunes and have a good time. They don't/won't climb the steep/big hills. But, hey they are kids that just want to have fun with mom and dad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, the breeze is a good quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] that has yet, to let us down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

My sons LT really amazes me on what it will climb. The only thing he gets upset about is it's not real fast and the others are way up front.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

LT80s can hit 55?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I wouldnt buy either one, I would probobly buy a Blaster for him and set the throttle limiter way back. the reason for this is so that he can grow into it.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadgod01
I wouldnt buy either one, I would probobly buy a Blaster for him and set the throttle limiter way back. the reason for this is so that he can grow into it.

Not many kids in this age group can kick over a blaster. My 9 year old daughter has a 250ex and rides it really well. Just another suggestion. The originator of the thread never said how old the rider was going to be.