Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

KERMIT CHATTER

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: dunefighter
Am i the only one on these forums that actually goes out and rides,come on lets have some opinions what everybody thinks about the new parking area.
axle
dunefighter wrote:
Hey im not trying to stirr up bs,i dont mind going out and paying my 7 bucks,maybe i was to harsh in my judgement,ive been riding out there for twenty five years now and i dont want to see it all go away.we got a good thing in kermit lets not lose it
Your Opinion is valued by all I just didn't like the fact you say one thing on here and a totaly different thing on another site.
Totally?? I don't see totally different. Dunefighter said...might be "harsh"...but the same VIEWPOINT on the parking lot here as KSI site.

Old 05-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: dunefighterHiya all went to kermit sunday and rode for the first time since the new Parking lot was built.I dont like it you cant see the dunes the lots to small and it overall sucks, you cant see anybody riding no place for kids to play around cause you cant see the dunes you have to ride over to the dunes across the scrub brush and the perimeter trail to get to the good sand.The parking lot needs to go back where it was. there was about maybe twenty people out there on a sunday this is crazy Ksi needs to sell out and let someone run this the right way.Get the parking back where it goes and work something out with the state on that corner parking area.That parking area was donated to the state for public use!!!! Im not sure the city even had the legal right to even bulldoze the parking area this spot was donated to the state for public use the city or county should not have bulldozed an area designated for public use jees this is turning into a nightmare for us dune lovers I think its time for KSI to go!!!!!!!
dunefighter
Guys you gotta do something about the parking area that is a bad location,you cant see the dunes from the parking spot.Iwas out there sunday and there was only about twenty people out there.Theres no place for the kids to ride on the sand where you watch em you cant see anybody riding,youve got to work something out with the state ,to get that corner back,if not you guys might be doomed,You get that corner back where everyone can see the dunes and watch the kids and people ride a little, and a place for people to drag race and you will fill that place every weekend and maybe make a little money until then im afaid its a no win situation you guys arent gonna make any money and very few people are going to come there,sorry if it seems like im complaining
but all that me and every one wants is a cool place to ride, and i have talked to a lot of people that say they are not going back until these changes are made.come on guys get this thing rolling it will only benefit you guys and make a lot of people very happy!!!!!!!!!!!
dunefighter
Hey im not trying to stirr up bs,i dont mind going out and paying my 7 bucks,maybe i was to harsh in my judgement,ive been riding out there for twenty five years now and i dont want to see it all go away.we got a good thing in kermit lets not lose it
Looks like to me Dunefighter is trying to make sense of the destruction of great thing for no good reason (other than making JDZ $$ off what everyone once enjoyed). I see Dunefighter is trying to give KSI the same benefit of doubt we all did in the beginning. Even I said the locals would back a good ole boy all the way. JDZ has PROVEN to be anything BUT a good ole boy.

Riley I guess you think the TWIST of: ConcernedDuner is the only one banned from posting on KSI website will cover the truth?? DuneBlazer06 and Txcowgirl06 have stated on numerous occasions so many are "not welcome" or "banned" FROM the SAND.
Do you want to deny you are DuneBlazer06? do you want to deny all the threats? Do you want to deny you were the one who brought out all the intimate details of Danny's and Tasha's personal past? Do you want to deny Cow has never posted on KSI behalf as you do now AXLE?
Do you realize Riley and JDZ all the DRAMA could have been avoided if you had not hatched this devious plan to start??
Just the last few years all the rumors started! When did you guys show up?? About the same time the rumors and whinning started??

Dunefighter you should know KSI only owns 1280 acres (2 miles by 1 mile) of sand. If your riding on their sand without a wristband you will be considered a "trespassor" and "troublemaker" and will be subject to being shot.
The remainder if the hills are still the same as they ever were (less a parking lot).
Don't cross the hwy.

Old 05-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Heya dd no way am i promoting the destruction of our beloved parking spot.Im just trying to make sense of all the
goings on.no one seems to have a good answer.Ksi says were waiting to collect more money before we can do anything more out there,It just seems to me that they went into this thing with no money behind them hopeing to collect 7 bucks at a time to make the park better,well if you build it people will show up in groves to ride out there,and then they can recoup their money.but someone is going to have to come up with a lot of money to build the place they envision.Ksi should go borrow enough money to build what they want,and once it is built then people will show up by the hundreds and they will get their money back,but collecting 7 bucks at a time from a limited few
that show up every weekend is going to take a long time if not impposible way to build a really nice place that will attract huge crowds.It just makes buisness sense!! thats just my thoughts on this,im not trying to **** anybody off
or take sides I JUST WANT A COOL PLACE TO RIDE!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: DuneDragin
Looks like to me Dunefighter is trying to make sense of the destruction of great thing for no good reason
I don't see you promoting the destruction either??
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Dunefighter all of us want the same thing you do!

Old 05-03-2006, 09:31 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Looks like to me Dunefighter is trying to make sense of the destruction of great thing for no good reason
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I guess my issue is the fact is things are worse than they used to be. I have a hard time swallowing that pill. What I loved no longer exists. I'm sure a new breed of duners will show up and us old-timers will fade away and be forgotten but it's sad imo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

DuneFighter ck out the background drama. Click here
In January two threads were deleted from this site. We have a hard time staying on topic as a result...so we tend to get silly. It seems with the arrest of Jimmy "Danny" Zumwalt or aka JDZ for shooting at trespassors...The word has began to circulate on the street. So many don't know what is going on and the rumor mill churns up some strange stuff. With the information and 25 years of experience at THE Sandhills...you should have an easy go of seperating fact from propoganda. Any questions feel free to ask. Ripper has mentioned we all have an opinion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Several of us are armed with some strong facts too.
You don't have to take sides.
RL's favorite spot is on the fence.
Me, well, I hate what has transpired with a passion! If it aint broke, don't fix it. I'm on the side of truth and acurate information. I hate to be decieved or threatened, and I dislike ignorance.
Others here ride at KSI, others would'nt be caught dead on KSI property.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:47 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: DuneDragin RL's favorite spot is on the fence.
Honey, I jumped off that fence a long time ago. I do not support what KSI is trying to do. And won't so long as they try to enforce their own made up rules on other people's property. When they fence off and restrict riding to their own land and leave everybody else alone, THEN I'll support Danny.

Making people pay to ride on other people's property is NO DIFFERENT then me not paying but still riding on KSI's. No different at all.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs

I guess my issue is the fact is things are worse than they used to be. I have a hard time swallowing that pill. What I loved no longer exists. I'm sure a new breed of duners will show up and us old-timers will fade away and be forgotten but it's sad imo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Poor RL. Don't give up! Us old-timers have something these new punks don't have. BACKBONE, MORALS, VALUES, BULLDOG TENACITY.
I believe there will be a great revision of THE SANDHILLS. (less a self proclaimed "savior" and his "goonies")

Old 05-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
When they fence off and restrict riding to their own land and leave everybody else alone
I can get 100% behind that ideal.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs I'm sure a new breed of duners will show up and us old-timers will fade away and be forgotten but it's sad imo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Don't worry, we won't forget you...uhh, whatsyourname. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: KERMIT CHATTER