Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

A Whole WEEK of DUNE RIDING - In Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Imadunatic:

The scramble area is a pretty good size. They have a strip that they usually end up using from drag racing. They race buggis, trucks, and four wheelers. All of the big hills are towards the front and there are a lot of little hills towards the back (along the water). There is definitly something for everyone there. There is even an occassional mud hole or two.

If you have never been there it is some place to at least check out. We have taken quite a few people there and they have all become addicted.

The dunes are located in Mears, Michigan. Here is the address for their web page----> www.silverlakesanddunes.net

The only other scramble area that I have rode at is the Mounds and that one isn't all that thrilling. (It is okay for a day tip and that is about it.)

EQ:

I live by where you work, and I work by where you live. How bout that...

Old 01-31-2002, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There certainly are a lot of trails in Michigan- some of them are fairly close to Silver Lake. Tin Cup Springs is one I'm familiar with- it is wide enough for full size 4X4 trucks so you can really haul. It's 23 miles long, has lots of sand and whoops, almost no rocks and very little traffic. Near to Tin Cup Springs is a much longer trail, I think it's called "Big O" and it is about 60 miles long. I haven't tried that one yet because I don't think that I could make it on a tank of gas.

It can get congested at Silver Lake on the weekend. If you were planning on staying there for a week, you may want to escape the weekend crowd and try the trails out. Save the dune riding for the weekdays- the sand is so much smoother than on the weekends.