General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

banshee getting no fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question banshee getting no fuel

I just got my cylinders back from the machine shop today, got it completely back together, i have never had it running before I bought it in pieces, it will start but i have to be spraying gas into the carburetor, i have pulled them apart and cleaned the main get bowls/fuel lines, put fresh fuel in but im still not getting fuel, i have not tried to sync them but i dont know how to and i dont know if thats my problem, any help?

Old 04-21-2009, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

are you gettin fuel to your carbs? is your petcock turned on? to sync your carbs there is a sync window on the side of each carb along with an adjustment screw. you adjust the screws so that both carb slides are open and close precisely at the same time using your throttle

Old 04-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

the lines going to my carbs is clean, my petcock is on, I have fuel in the bowls, I think the are pretty close to being in sync because when I look at them they open and close and some all the way down at pretty much the same time

Old 04-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok ive got it running now, but sometimes I still have to spray a little gas in the carbs to start it, but when its running im getting really bad backfires when I let off the throttle , and i have to give it a little touch on the throttle to keep it running, its kind of ascting like its dead on one cylinder, but the engine is really jumpy kind of idleing for a sec but then it will idle up high go back down and sometimes it will just wind all the way out, btw i also put new plugs in it and that made no diffrence

Old 04-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Range Rover

kinda sounds like you have a intake leak somewhere...i'd check everything from the carbs to the engine, checks your reeds to....maybe a air leak from the case?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok its starting to run better now, when its setting still it will rev out just fine but i still cant really get the idle right it will die out if you just dont keep on it a little, but when im driving it and i let off the gas it backfires on the right side, after it sets for a while it dosent want to start unless you spray a little gas in breather but if its running and dies it will start right back up, there is a hose underneath my water pump where does it plug into?

Old 04-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Angry

i just rode it again, its started backfiring from both cylinders, extremely loud, is there anything I can adjust on the carb?? is it broken reeds??

Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

if it was broken reeds it would be pushing the intake charge back through the carb(s). gosh its been so long since i had my banshee i can't really remember how everthing is. how do the plugs look? i know you said they are new but maybe they fouled out already. this is a fresh rebuild so it might be a pain till the rings seat.

i remember i had carb problems on mine and got so sick of it i bought the single carb set up and it ran like a champ. when you cleaned the carbs did you just spray them down with carb cleaner or did you use a carb dip?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

I cleaned the jets in them and i sprayed them down with carb cleaner

Old 04-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Range Rover

i'd pull the carbs off and clean them really good, make sure to blow all the passages for the pilot circuits. i like to use the carb dip, take all the plastic and rubber parts off the carb then all the metal/brass parts go in the dip for about an hour...take them out give them a good spray down with carb cleaner then blow some compressed air through everything. worked great on my 250x carb that had the pilot circuit gummed up.

Quick Reply: banshee getting no fuel