General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Gas prices!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Gas prices!

What does everybody think of these stinking high gas prices. they are getting to high right now in minnesota it is $3.54 per gal. The big oil companys are taking us to the cleaners.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I notice the current administration sure is saying very little about it.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

It's not just the big oil companies.
Remember back when they went high while Bush was president?
The media and liberals were screaming their heads off blaming Bush and telling him to do something, now you here none of that from the liberal left.
They welcome the high prices so they can push their alternative fuel agenda.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

Oh, so you pushed enter before I did!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

yes i agree that they blamed bush for high gas prices. now oboma in office they dont bring it up at all it is just fine they think. people are having a hard time to make ends meet.What a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Oh, so you pushed enter before I did!
That's what you get for long winded responses.

With Bush, they cried blood for oil, now I gotta get blood from a turnip to afford the stuff.

I may have missed it, but I haven't heard anything about releasing any of the oil reserves to relieve prices. Heard that a few times with Bush. Helped a bit too.

I see the message of change is now being applied to the gas signs I drive by everyday.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

They are talking about releasing some of strategic oil reserve which will make little to no difference. Drop in the bucket. We haven't built new refineries and under Obama have ceased new oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. He also hasn't kept his promise to open the East Coast for drilling. We increase demand but don't increase the ways of getting the fuel. ANWAR is still off limits and oil leases were shut down by the Interior Secretary along the Eastern Rockies. Add this to India and China using more oil and you've got what we've got. The oil companies make about .10 per gallon of gas. If they have a year when they sell a billion gallons they make more than the year they sold 500 million gallons. And because oil is traded as a futures commodity traders are looking at what they believe the situation will be in 6 months. Add it all up and there's no reason why they should keep prices down.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

here hear! don't forget about the retailers and the middleman delivery terminals, they buy off of speculators, but like you said, commodities trading. when fuel drops, retailers are less apt to drop until they recover their "loss". but bygolly when the futures go up, they jump instantaneously to ride the profit wave and make more. ii work for "BIG OIL", it's like lobster--whatever the market gives for it is what big oil makes. except it's per gallon not per pound..........OH, lest we forget here, the govt gets an average of $0.38/gallon tax..........go calculate that.....about a $190 million for gasoline taxes per day, diesel? well, that's about 650k gallons with $250 million/per day going to the govt. well, with paydays like this, everyday, no wonder all they want to do is SPEND! sheesh!

Old 03-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

More foreclosers on housing.
I still say that is what caused the housing bust a few years ago, when gas prices went sky high.
1. People where in houses they could hardly aforward, then high gas prices..........they could'nt afford both.
Which the weather would warm alittle...........be riden the atv more instead of P.U.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:08 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I fill up in Sault Michigan ,$3.54 US/Gal works out to 0.95 cents a liter and Sault Ontario is $1.24 per liter so its still not to bad yet.

The Canadian Dollar is actually worth alittle more than the U.S Dollar right now. $1.02 US.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gas prices!