General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Gas prices!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This gas does suck... terrible for the economy thats for sure...but whatever I guess times aren't that tough I saw 2 people sucking down large coffee coolatas smoking Marlboro Reds and talking on sweet cell phones at our local soup kitchen.

Which is weird cuz i work all the time just to keep my bills paid and food on the table... Must be nice to suck off the state and federal programs.. nice indeed

Old 03-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

They have a proposal here to give cell phones to the less needy. cough*welfare*cough

Great, give em a damn iphone and let me pay the bill.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
They have a proposal here to give cell phones to the less needy. cough*welfare*cough

Hate to tell ya, but the fed. government is already doing that.
www.AssuranceWireless.com

Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx

I live in Maine and the power company CMP just this year cleared out everyones bills.. To be eligible you had to be getting some sort of state or federaL help already.. The power company stated to make up for the millions they lost they would have to implement a slight rate hike for the "rate payers" AKA people who pay the effin bill.

Whats even more nuts all the people that I know of personally that benefited from this all had enormous electric bills...because they choose not to pay the bill they all smoke butts all day , drink , play their brand new ps3 on the internet that they pay for somehow.

I feel like I'm being punished sometimes for tryin to do the right thing. This country hands out trophies for being a complete dumbass and kicks the hard working people in the nuts.

What sucks is that probably 5 percent(I'm reluctant to even say 5 percent from my experience) of the people getting the aid truly deserve it and really are trying the rest are just idiots working the system for every penny they can get for free, and why not they make it so easy it's unbelievable.

Sooooooooooo tired of the hand outs!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Originally Posted by Raptorlegs
I'm sure not putting home brew in my diesel and there aren't any local stations...and even then I'd want to do some research before using them.
I would be very hesitant in a newer diesel since there's alot more sensors and emission controls but mine is old enough it has none of that garbage on it. 2003 was the beginning of the restrictions on diesels. After 2006 the gov't started getting really strict. I can run a couple quarts of filtered used motor oil per tank through mine and it doesn't know the difference other than a little more coal churning out the exhaust. When, if ever, my 01 Cummins dies I doubt I'll go to a new diesel. I get 20 mpg consistently, My father n laws 07 get 15 mpg on a good day because it's being smothered with all the extra mandated garbage under the hood. So much for technology making things better?

Old 03-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

A couple weeks ago somebody on here asked if quads are over priced and going to price people out of the sport. I think for people who are truly passionate about riding, they will find a way. For me it isn't the cost of the quad that I see driving people out of the sport. That is one time expense and can vary depending on buying new or used. It is the cost of gas that will drive people out. Here in Ohio we really only have one riding area with decent trails (about 75 mi @ Wayne National Forest, about 125 miles total in the state). That means we have to drive a minimum of 2 hours to ride. Add that to the gas for the quads for the day, and there goes a lot of money. Last summer three of us spent 4 days riding Hatfield McCoy. We drove around 6 hours both ways to get there and back. We spent $40 a day to keep the quads filled up (rode 75+ miles per day). We honestly spent more on gas during the trip than we did food for the three of us. Gas is an expense that keeps going up and will never go away.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by unit6666
I live in Maine and the power company CMP just this year cleared out everyones bills.. To be eligible you had to be getting some sort of state or federaL help already.. The power company stated to make up for the millions they lost they would have to implement a slight rate hike for the "rate payers" AKA people who pay the effin bill.

Whats even more nuts all the people that I know of personally that benefited from this all had enormous electric bills...because they choose not to pay the bill they all smoke butts all day , drink , play their brand new ps3 on the internet that they pay for somehow.

I feel like I'm being punished sometimes for tryin to do the right thing. This country hands out trophies for being a complete dumbass and kicks the hard working people in the nuts.

What sucks is that probably 5 percent(I'm reluctant to even say 5 percent from my experience) of the people getting the aid truly deserve it and really are trying the rest are just idiots working the system for every penny they can get for free, and why not they make it so easy it's unbelievable.

Sooooooooooo tired of the hand outs!
Somehow, saying you've still got your dignity doesn't really equalize things but I'd still rather have dignity and a clean conscience. I keep hoping the people who vote for budgets wake up someday and say enough is enough. Not going to hold my breath though.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

I wish i would get a raise at work it has been 3 years since i got my last raise.with everything else going up it is hard to make my bills. I hope things settle back down so the working class have a little fun again.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Trailblazer

With gas prices being this god damn high iv'e drove my quad more than my car now.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can check gasbuddy.com to see where gas is cheapest in your area. Just enter your zip code. Michigan Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Michigan It says MI but it works anywhere.

Quick Reply: Gas prices!