General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

what would your state do???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Criminals have more rights than legal, law abiding citizens. In Va., it's not good enough "to be in fear for your life" anymore. You damn well better be in "immediate danger to your person" or someone elses. It doesn't fly just protecting your property anymore. And then, either the piece of **** (or surviving family) is probably going to sue you.

This country is going to **** because of the liberals and all their "touchy feely, I'm afraid I might offend someone" horse ****.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a gun toting liberal, if someone is in my house without consent they are getting shot. Here in Pennsylvania we either have or going to have something called the "castle doctrine" which allows you to use deadly force if someone is in your house uninvited. Having actually went and read the article I see that the 2 people Mr. Dicino (82 year old veteran) shot were NOT in his house. They were just in his yard. He should have waited until they entered his house. I feel there is more to that story that wasn't reported.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:00 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bolt Upright
As a gun toting liberal
they let liberals join the connection?

Having actually went and read the article I see that the 2 people Mr. Dicino (82 year old veteran) shot were NOT in his house. They were just in his yard. He should have waited until they entered his house. I feel there is more to that story that wasn't reported.
In another article, Dicino stated the two men had returned and were in the process of breaking in, but were not "in side" his house yet. He said because he is an 82 yo frail man that he would not be able to defend himself if (when) the robbers actually entered his house- it wouldv'e been too late at that point, so being in fear of his life, he shot the two robbers outside.

sounds fair to me.

Welcome to the connection BU

Old 09-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

As a gun toting liberal, if someone is in my house without consent they are getting shot. Here in Pennsylvania we either have or going to have something called the "castle doctrine" which allows you to use deadly force if someone is in your house uninvited. Having actually went and read the article I see that the 2 people Mr. Dicino (82 year old veteran) shot were NOT in his house. They were just in his yard. He should have waited until they entered his house. I feel there is more to that story that wasn't reported.

Welcome to the forums.

The castle doctrine in Texas also gives you the right to defend your property outside the house.

I like to call it the the "clean carpet" rule. If a person thinks they're gonna break in, I think they'll bleed to death outside and not mess up my carpet.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Welcome to the forums.

The castle doctrine in Texas also gives you the right to defend your property outside the house.

I like to call it the the "clean carpet" rule. If a person thinks they're gonna break in, I think they'll bleed to death outside and not mess up my carpet.

...... or shat themselves- either way, you're gonna have a messy "carpet"

Old 09-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
...... or shat themselves- either way, you're gonna have a messy "carpet"
I'd still shoot them if they were inside. But the last thing they may hear a person say is "You can finish dying outside" as I drag the body to the door.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That state really sucks. The poor guy..

Old 09-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

Im the guy that believes the cops should have the right to beat you if they had to chase you!!
there isnt a day that doesnt pass without me asking myself why i live in Ma.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Actually something similar happen not to long ago here in Iowa - in Des Moines I believe. She didnt connect with the shot - but this is how we handle it here - we help her reload it.

Elderly Des Moines woman puts .22-caliber stop to break-in

By TOM ALEX • April 21, 2010

Beatrice Turner traded her shotgun 30 years ago for a .22-caliber handgun that she keeps in her bedroom for protection.

Tuesday morning, the 89-year-old woman fired the weapon for the first time.

An intruder bashed in the front door of Turner's east-side Des Moines house about 5:30 a.m. Turner said she yelled at the man, telling him he had the wrong house and warned him she would shoot if he came inside.

"He was a big, burly guy," Turner said. "He was pulling at his shorts and talking crazy. If they stay outside, OK. But I always said if they come inside, it's me or them."

Turner fired one shot - and missed. "I squeezed it again but it didn't go off," she said. "By then he was pounding on the coffee table."

Turner said the man kept repeating, "It's not daylight, it's not daylight."

"I told him Jesus and I would go outside with him and make the daylight come," Turner said.

A neighbor who heard the gunshot called police.

When officers arrived at Turner's house, located north of Hiatt Middle School, they found Nelson McAlpine, 37, standing in the front yard. Officers asked him if he lived there, and he said, 'No.'

McAlpine reportedly told police he had been using drugs and didn't know where he was, officers said.

McAlpine, who has an extensive police record, was being held in the Polk County Jail on Tuesday on a charge of second-degree burglary. Bond was set at $10,000.

Officials say it is rare that a homeowner actually fires a gun at an intruder.

Polk County Attorney John Sarcone, who has been in office for 19 years, said he could probably count on one hand the number of times a home-owner has fired a gun at an intruder.

"You have no duty to retreat inside your own home," Sarcone said. "Force has to be commensurate with the threat. What would a reasonable person in her position do?"

Des Moines Police Sgt. Lori Lavorato issued a caution about the use of deadly force.

Turner "took the course of action she felt she had to," Lavorato said. "By no means do we condone shooting at a burglar. But she could have become a victim in a situation like that."

In most shootings, police confiscate the gun while they sort things out. Not on Tuesday. According to Turner, police helped her reload the handgun and left it in her possession.

"There were about six officers here," she said. "All of them were hugging me and telling me how brave I was."

Later Tuesday, the front and back doors at Turner's house were replaced.

And Turner spent some time learning more about her gun.

She said she figured out how to fire a second shot.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
Actually something similar happen not to long ago here in Iowa - in Des Moines I believe. She didnt connect with the shot - but this is how we handle it here - we help her reload it.

Elderly Des Moines woman puts .22-caliber stop to break-in

By TOM ALEX • April 21, 2010

Beatrice Turner traded her shotgun 30 years ago for a .22-caliber handgun that she keeps in her bedroom for protection.

Tuesday morning, the 89-year-old woman fired the weapon for the first time.

An intruder bashed in the front door of Turner's east-side Des Moines house about 5:30 a.m. Turner said she yelled at the man, telling him he had the wrong house and warned him she would shoot if he came inside.

"He was a big, burly guy," Turner said. "He was pulling at his shorts and talking crazy. If they stay outside, OK. But I always said if they come inside, it's me or them."

Turner fired one shot - and missed. "I squeezed it again but it didn't go off," she said. "By then he was pounding on the coffee table."

Turner said the man kept repeating, "It's not daylight, it's not daylight."

"I told him Jesus and I would go outside with him and make the daylight come," Turner said.

A neighbor who heard the gunshot called police.

When officers arrived at Turner's house, located north of Hiatt Middle School, they found Nelson McAlpine, 37, standing in the front yard. Officers asked him if he lived there, and he said, 'No.'

McAlpine reportedly told police he had been using drugs and didn't know where he was, officers said.

McAlpine, who has an extensive police record, was being held in the Polk County Jail on Tuesday on a charge of second-degree burglary. Bond was set at $10,000.

Officials say it is rare that a homeowner actually fires a gun at an intruder.

Polk County Attorney John Sarcone, who has been in office for 19 years, said he could probably count on one hand the number of times a home-owner has fired a gun at an intruder.

"You have no duty to retreat inside your own home," Sarcone said. "Force has to be commensurate with the threat. What would a reasonable person in her position do?"

Des Moines Police Sgt. Lori Lavorato issued a caution about the use of deadly force.

Turner "took the course of action she felt she had to," Lavorato said. "By no means do we condone shooting at a burglar. But she could have become a victim in a situation like that."

In most shootings, police confiscate the gun while they sort things out. Not on Tuesday. According to Turner, police helped her reload the handgun and left it in her possession.

"There were about six officers here," she said. "All of them were hugging me and telling me how brave I was."

Later Tuesday, the front and back doors at Turner's house were replaced.

And Turner spent some time learning more about her gun.

She said she figured out how to fire a second shot.
Love it. The great equalizer.

Quick Reply: what would your state do???