General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

what would your state do???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get scared and intimidated easily so it doesn't take much aggression for me to "fear" for my life.

I'm pretty sure those two guys obituaries would have listed under cause of death; "lead poisoning".

The attorney general here in Utah makes "legal - common sense" decisions.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds like canada

Sounds like my country in a nut shell,thats why if some lowlife wants to come in I will allow them,but they sure won't get out.I have many acres to find them a nice hole for there next life!!!!As our government only protects the criminals over here!!!!

Old 10-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by gonenorthfishing61
Sounds like my country in a nut shell,thats why if some lowlife wants to come in I will allow them,but they sure won't get out.I have many acres to find them a nice hole for there next life!!!!As our government only protects the criminals over here!!!!
Reminds me of a story. I have a small parcel of land up in Barnard, VT. The nearest electricity is about a mile and a half away. Very rural, up in the Appalachians. There's a guy who lives up the hill from my property most of the year. I had been going up every couple weekends to cut trees for firewood a few years back. On two occasions I had to veer to avoid an idiot kid in an old Chevy Blazer who was doing at least double the 25 mph speed limit on the dirt road below my property. Had no idea who he was or where he was staying. Guy who lives up above saw me there one day and stopped to chat. Mentioned the kid with the Blazer and he said, "Oh, you won't be seeing him anymore. He was speeding on the road down below and almost hit some of the older ladies walking their dogs. I found out where he was camping and got the Town Constable and went up to his tent site. I told him, ""If you keep speeding and acting like an idiot around here, I'm going to take my loader/backhoe, dig a hole, and bury you so deep no one will ever find you again."" Said the Constable just stood there nodding. The kid left and never came back." I love justice.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer

after doing a search, the two were homeless bums. It takes all 12 to vote guilty, it only takes one to get a hung jury. Just guessing but I would bet some of my hard earned money he will get at least one to vote his way and I'd also bet the DA knows this. I doubt it sees a jury. Too bad he is going to have to flush his life savings away to a lawyer defending himself in court for two bums breaking into his house.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
so- in a nutshell:

an 82 yo. korean war veteran has two middle aged men break into his house during the day- the vet calls police, the robbers get away....

later that night at 1am- the robbers return, smashing the vet's windows with a rock. The vet grabs his 22 bolt action (fearing the robbers are about to enter his house) and takes (only) 2 shots- one bullet hits one robber in the leg, the other bullet hits the other robber in his chest.

both robbers are treated and are ok.....

The 82 yo war veteran is charged with assault with a firearm, attempt to murder, discharging a firearm within 500' of a house and reclessly endangering blah blah blah

neither robber is charged with a single crime

yep- only in this insipid state of massachusetts...

Veteran, 82, Shoots Pair Who Tried To Break Into Home - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

I'd imagine a "real" state like NH or TX would've handed the robbers their *** and blessed the old veteran.

I'm so ashamed to live in this state.
That is fu****************ed up, but Iam not surprised . Get a load of this. If Iam framing a house and someone comes on the site to steal my tools. They can sue me if they get hurt stealing my tools.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Range Rover

Finally, they did something right in my state.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2349047.shtml?cat=1

Old 10-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's good news Raven. I wish it happened a lot more often.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:48 AM
Range Rover

Iowa has no problem with it and may even replace the 2 bullets.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Come on down to Texas, no worries here unless you're in Austin and to a lesser extent, the other big cities.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:13 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good for her

sucks her husband died of cancer on christmas day, but a great 2nd amendment story for sure.

Oklahoma Mother, 18, Kills Intruder Breaking Into Her Home While on Phone With 911 - Yahoo!

Quick Reply: what would your state do???