General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Online Used ATV Sales?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Used ATV Sales?

While browsing local Craigs List for a cheap plow ATV, I saw an ad that pointed to www.bestatvstore.com, is any one familiar with this? I can't imagine it is legit, as it seems too good to be true...great prices, warranty, free shipping etc. Is this place a scam? Thanks for any input!

Old 09-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

I would never trust a site that says they'll ship it to you for such a low price and claim it's in great shape etc. If you can't go and lay your hands on it and look it over thoroughly before buying it, I say buyer beware!!!

Old 09-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

I believe they are based just outside Dallas. Seems like it's gone through a few name changes and relocation's.

I have heard of some people saying they were completely satisfied. With all the bad reviews, I don't know that I'd believe it wasn't a planted review.

Legally, I'll say I can't verify that.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by readymixer169
I would never trust a site that says they'll ship it to you for such a low price and claim it's in great shape etc. If you can't go and lay your hands on it and look it over thoroughly before buying it, I say buyer beware!!!

2nd what he said.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Seems like those deals are too good to be true.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wouldn't go near the place- unless you have a contact in Boise, ID that could verify the sale. You could always call the PD in boise and ask if they know of this place and if it's legit... says their warehouse is located "Federal Way Boise, ID 83716"

Old 09-19-2011, 01:41 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

another "question" I'd have based on their comment:

"The Sales tax are always paid by us, so the prices displayed on our website includes also the sales tax."

So that means I can go register the atv at the mass DMV and not pay any sales tax because they say they paid it????

and:

"This is a Certified pre-owned ATV. Certified pre-owned ATVs are always sold with 12 months warranty. This ATV comes with 12 months Full warranty from the date of sale and will be good at all Polaris shops nationwide."

How do they offer a "Polaris" warranty covered at all Polaris dealers nation wide???? Do they buy an extended warranty for each polaris atv they sell, then transfer it to your name???

Total scam!

Old 09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

I did a street view on google maps of "9145 S Federal Way Boise, ID 83716"

guess what- there's no building there the size of the one they say they have full of atv's- only "Cummins Rocky Mountain"

So- I called "Cummins" and spoke to a guy in the parts dept- asked him about an "ATV Store" located a few hundred feet south of them on the same side of the street- He said "nope- just a small empty brick "warehouse" that's been vacant for years"

also- zillow has that address listed as a "single family home" - and as a vacant lot on their maps.

If you zoom up to the roof line on google- it almost looks like the building was "super-imposed" the photo just does not look right

So there you have it.

Scam confirmed.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Sorry, I was thinking of another shady (possibly the attorney says) atv place. The one you listed is right where Beer says it isn't.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

The prices do look insanely low.

Quick Reply: Online Used ATV Sales?