General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Any "big spenders" this Christmas season?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:05 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

specta- when are you gonna replace that old honda avatar pic with your new (favorite) sportsman pic

Old 12-09-2011, 07:12 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by DesertViper
I'm going to have to change what I said before about not buying any new ATVs or "side by sides" this year. I just happened to see this "side by side" parked on the side of the road with a for sale sign on it. It was too good of a deal to pass by, so I bought it. It is one of the originals, a "classic", if you will. Here it is with the bow my wife put on it, because she says it is my Christmas present. It is a 1985 CJ-7 that is in mint condition. I couldn't believe how good it had been kept up, it looks like it has been just parked in a garage for the last 26 years. Snagged it for $4000.

I love the mid 70's CJ7 with the round head lights and the 304 AMC V8- would love to buy one someday but... I really have to start thinking about the kids college.

I'd really love to buy a semi-beat (used ) CJ7 for my son when he's 13 - 14 years old and spend a couple years restoring it with him- and then give it to him on his 16th b-day

Old 12-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my 3.5 year old with me to get some brake pads for my 400ex last month and he saw a PW50 sitting in the showroom at my buddy's dealership and wanted to sit on it so I let him and sent it to his mother, what is shocking is she wrote back asking me if I was gonna buy it for him. She is a nurse in the ER at the hospital and I almost fell on my ***! I bought it for him and a set of training wheels, I been hiding it in the back of the garage behind the tractor and the quads. I have ordered all the gear and stuff to so he will open all that and then I will take him down to the garage for him to see the bike.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:09 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Muddytoy01
I took my 3.5 year old with me to get some brake pads for my 400ex last month and he saw a PW50 sitting in the showroom at my buddy's dealership and wanted to sit on it so I let him and sent it to his mother, what is shocking is she wrote back asking me if I was gonna buy it for him. She is a nurse in the ER at the hospital and I almost fell on my ***! I bought it for him and a set of training wheels, I been hiding it in the back of the garage behind the tractor and the quads. I have ordered all the gear and stuff to so he will open all that and then I will take him down to the garage for him to see the bike.

!!!!!!!!!

that's gonna be one happy boy!

Old 12-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Muddytoy01
Awesome

That's gonna be an exciting morning at your house

Old 12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

I picked up a nice electric guitar & amp for my 8 yo-

I have it locked in the upstairs master bath- I practice with it every night (like I'm gonna say "play with it" )

Attached Thumbnails Any "big spenders" this Christmas season?-guitar-007.jpg  
Old 12-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys, it just feels really good being able to give my little ones a Xmas as I was laid off half the year. I cant wait till it warms up a little and I can take him out with me so he can learn to ride.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Great stuff, MuddyToy. I'm sure that the memory of this Christmas will last a lifetime.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Range Rover

Just a few hours away from giving my daughter the quad and I've been up since 4 am, guess I'm just a little excited, lol

We are doing gifts here today because we go to the inlaws tomorrow, about to go get it from my buddies house right away, it's a nice 41 degrees here today so that will make for some good weather for her to ride it a bit, better than -30 that is usually is at Christmas time here.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:18 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

we had our christmas this morning (santa came last night )

my 8 yo didn't even open the rest of his presents after seeing the guitar- I had to kep reminding him he had more under the tree

he loves it.

I need some motrin

Quick Reply: Any "big spenders" this Christmas season?