General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

I can't believe it's not butter

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Took my wife's Trail Blazer out to get it warmed up for her. About 100 yards out, it dies. Went on a nice little rant about the cheap fuel they must be using at the gas station I filled up at before we left town.

Walked back to the trailer, took my quad and another person out to the blazer to pull it back. Took one last look at it again.

I had shut the fuel valve off and didn't turn it back on.
Been there, done that.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done that one too. My dealer told me to shut it off every time I trailer it to a location. Something about keeping the float in the carb from messing up. I have always done this when I travel. A time or two I have forgotten to open it when I got home lol.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was in a 2007 Yamaha Rhino, cruising down a dirt road in the mountains of southwestern Utah, near the Nevada border (middle of nowhere), and had a rear tire and wheel come off, and pass me going down the road. I'm like, "where did that tire come from?" Then it dawned on me, that it was my tire. I pulled over and stopped, and it turned out that the axle nut had come off, so the whole hub, wheel, and tire had come right off the end of the axle. About that time I was thinking it was going to be one long walk out of there, because I was a good thirty miles from the truck, and there was no one else around. Then I got to looking at the carnage, and discovered that the axle nut was still inside the plastic center cap for the wheel. I was able to get a log and pry the corner of the Rhino off the ground far enough to slip the axle hub back on, and put the nut back on. I didn't have a wrench big enough for the axle nut, so had to stop every half mile on the way back to re-tighten the nut as much as I could by hand, but I made it back to the truck.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertViper
Was in a 2007 Yamaha Rhino, cruising down a dirt road in the mountains of southwestern Utah, near the Nevada border (middle of nowhere), and had a rear tire and wheel come off, and pass me going down the road. I'm like, "where did that tire come from?" Then it dawned on me, that it was my tire. I pulled over and stopped, and it turned out that the axle nut had come off, so the whole hub, wheel, and tire had come right off the end of the axle. About that time I was thinking it was going to be one long walk out of there, because I was a good thirty miles from the truck, and there was no one else around. Then I got to looking at the carnage, and discovered that the axle nut was still inside the plastic center cap for the wheel. I was able to get a log and pry the corner of the Rhino off the ground far enough to slip the axle hub back on, and put the nut back on. I didn't have a wrench big enough for the axle nut, so had to stop every half mile on the way back to re-tighten the nut as much as I could by hand, but I made it back to the truck.
Just picturing a tire going by and tracking it gave me a good morning chuckle.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertViper
and discovered that the axle nut was still inside the plastic center cap for the wheel.
Looks like life was "paying forward"

You must have done something good for someone along the way.

Just too funny.