General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Just for ME

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just for ME

Ok...

Heres the deal:

There have been numerous posts asking "WHAT SLIP-ON PIPE IS LOUDEST FOR A 400EX?"

And what i found is that, the answer has not been found.

All that happens is a lot of people start up about loud annoying people with loud annoying pipes who close down tracks..

Well, im not going to be closing down any track.

SO, what is the loudest pipe out there for a 400ex..

I have a supertrapp, sort of high pitched, annoying for me ...
I do like HMF, very nice bassey tone, but is there anything else, besides FMF?

Old 01-20-2012, 09:56 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

loud pipes ruin it for everyone

Old 01-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Oh boy. Well if your serious.. I'm not ruining nothing.. folks round here don't care. They ride, shoot, and rev up the v8s all day.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:30 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky
Oh boy. Well if your serious.. I'm not ruining nothing.. folks round here don't care. They ride, shoot, and rev up the v8s all day.
Just messin with ya bud

Although here in mass- loud pipes got the uxbridge track closed when neighbors 1000' away complained about the annoying "buzzing " sound.

That's mass tho- mass politicians will outlaw and close down restaurants if they cause too many people to fart.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Trailblazer

Check out the Speedwerxstore (hot seat) pipes. The one I have on my Sportsman400 is loud to me...than again I'm old and hard of hearing. So it should be good and loud for someone that can hear.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Ha. Well the gov't apparently thinks having some clean fun is bad... the gov't just don't care bout noone but themselves.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can always cut off the muffler, weld some flex pipe onto it and run it up over your shoulder......that should be good and loud for ya !!

Any "race" muffler with a straight through baffle instead of the diffuser in it will be loud, some of them are nothing more than a straight pipe with a little packing inside, so you can just pick one of those.

Just remember, maybe around your house no one cares about the noise, but when you ride in a public area, plenty of people will hear, and judge you for excessively loud pipes. Thats why so many get worked up about it, we have lost so many riding areas from complaints of noise and such, so dont be offended when you get a negative reaction to wanting "the loudest pipe I can get".....loud isnt horsepower, its in the pipes design.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Open headers are loud.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Same thing down here! My son and I used to ride in a low lying area about 100+ ares by our area lake that had been open for over 30 years and run by the Corps of Engineers who gave permission! As progress moved close to our "little county" at the time and a few new homes were built,ONE homeowner complained and it was shut down to all vehicles! This happened over 15 years ago! My opinion if you want noise go to a race track or drag strip (what few are left of them down here!) Help save what little land riders have left and tread softly and quietly! OPT

Old 01-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

We have no public riding areas here. But in the next co. I go to an amx track occasionally. Hillclimbs, dirtdrags, etc. And that's out in the deeep boonies. So.. as I said I'm not going to be closing nothing. Just wantt some pipe suggestions.

Anyone know bout curtis sparks vs hmf?