General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

2004 KFX 400 Resoration/Moding.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 KFX 400 Resoration/Moding.

Hey guys in this thread I will be talking about and asking for your thoughts on my plans and ideas for my 04 KFX 400 sport quad.

If you want to know what I have done so far to the bike please check my first thread on this forum, that thread goes from having just purchased the bike as a learner second hand and the process of getting it running again to now, where I have it running good and most of the mechanical issues (two exceptions brakes front and rear.) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kaw...lp-needed.html)

As of right now The bike still needs some things to be considered fully trail ready.
Front brakes are extremely squishy and the back is completely gone up to the peddle. Replacement for the front calipers line and rez is in the mail as we speak and the rear I would fix for the right price but I cant see myself using it that often so Im not going to spend 100$ on buying the whole system as I would need all of it.

I also replaced many small things like the spark plug seals all around bearings on everything I could find and the entire fuel system carburetor up (which is a bunch of small things xD)

Im thinking about disassembling the bike down to the frame, painting the plastics satin black the frame, A-Arms and suspension green and everything else is metal that I can sand down and buss back to life. I think that would look awesome and It would let me make sure that absolutely everything works on the bike and replace what doesn't while the bikes apart.

Let me know what you guys think. Videos and pictures to come.