General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys for your helpful snidey comments lol, but don't come a knocking if my van be a rocken...rocken hot on colder nights and a rocken cold as ice!! on them hotter, than hello....jello nights, up there ha ha!!!!!!! now go suffer frank 0 in your tent 0 and Ken....well you might not suffer as long as you don't happen to break a sweat, or neck, hitching up that there, rig of yourn lol So you see boys! convenience is the name of the game, and and my ride is going to be so sweeeeeeeeet, not sweat lol!! There's so much you can do with a van! and I'm so tired of trying to camp in a tent, or hauling unnecessary STUFF all the way up....way up north, in all that nasty traffic, when all I really need, when I get there, is my ride!! and a place hide, hide me head to nod off that is , just long enough to nap, then back on the trails again!!!! I've rested up way enough this friggen winter to make up for any unnecessary nappy time, that I may, or may ''NOT'' be needing, once there! So now boys, keep your silly comments to yourself, and put more of your bad *** breath, into getting your own gear together, and don't get left behind, since talk will walk, while getting it on, will leave others ''way beyond....the last hill, or pond! lol Hey that all rhymed lol I'm a poet and don't I know it! lol

Getting ready for THE BIG RIDE!! ''first ride of the season''! Get your shi.t together and be there....well after I learn the trails on sat - sun 26 - 27 that is, and then I should be better prepared as a guide to lead the way, since buddy Chris thats showing me these trails, has ridden there for many years , and knows these trails like back of hand, and all the areas there, real well, and its layout of the surround towns and points of interest like restaurants, gas, hardware for repair jobs etc. If all goes well, with weather and any unforeseen mishaps....I didn't say that!! lol during our time there, then should be ready for you guys, sun afternoon, and then for as long as you have time to ride/camp, there after!

Got my ***** in the joint, or should I say, out of the joint, yesterday....took a lot of beating!! but finally got er done, then Autozone rented me the ball joint press tools, but thats giving me as much trouble as on the removal, so I finally!! put it all out of my mind, put everything up, in discuss, late last night, and I'll try again today, with a different approach, had to sleep on it (usually works for me) and I'm hoping to use my log splitter to squeeze parts together, well see? lol

Had clumps of snow on my Iguana lizards outdoor hut this morning, just before daybreak, all gone now, but Frank is probably freaking with much more up his way!

Old 04-14-2019, 06:09 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No snow when I went to bed at 6:00am and no snow when I got up at 11:00am.

My air mattress, sleeping bag, and some other things are still in the truck from last year. My tent is in one of the bedrooms I use for storage, in the duffel bag I was issued in basic training. I've never been able to get any of my tents back in its bag, except the little one I had when I was a teenager. And I never fold my tents anymore because if you keep folding it the same way the creases end up being weak spots and may leak. I just grab a corner and start stuffing until it's all in the bag. The bag the tent came in goes in first with the stakes and poles in it. My helmet, gloves, goggles, etc. are on the floor behind me. I have a fresh half-roll of T.P. in my helmet and a spare pair of Harbor Freight mechanic's gloves too. The first pair won't make it through this summer. I quit buying more expensive riding gloves and got these for $3.99 each with two different coupons. My denim jacket and coat are hanging on the back of a chair by me ready to go. Sometimes it gets so cold at night I need my coat in summer. I could sit closer to the fire but melted the soles off my boots one time I was too close and had to get them resoled. It didn't even feel hot until I stood up after someone told me my boots were melting. That was like jumping out of the fire back into the frying pan. The soles of my feet were so hot I had to sit back down. I did NOT put my feet back up on the rocks around the fire pit. Not that night at least.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Boy Frank, that brings back lots of memories...cant even remember how many tennis shoe soles I melted at campfires. I always made a point of folding the tent o it would back into the bag except when it was wet, then I just grabbed it up cause I needed to dry it out at some point. Always kept my personal gear in a large waterproof duffle bag..everything I needed..when I grabbed that bag I knew I had all I needed and everyone else was on there own. When I got home from a trip, first thing was to clean everything and repack the bag for the next trip. Still have the bag and it is still packed except for the sleeping bag. Let the grandkids borrow that 4 yrs ago and never saw it again. It has been about 10 yrs since I used it last, the clothes probably wont fit me anymore and I now have a better pillow than the one in my bag. One of these days I will go thru it and salvage what I can, might be some worthwhile stuff in there yet, at least some fond memories!

Old 04-14-2019, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

It was so cold up there one winter, riding up on the Oil Field Hills n of Rose City. We happened up on a huge pile of logs stacked neatly like telephone poles, next to the trails, where we decided to made camp, we burned every log that night, to stay warm, and we slept out with no tent! since we wanted to get as close to that fire as possible! We just had 70's style lounger style fold out chairs with the rubber/plastic webbing. We took turns rolling logs down into the fire all night, and by morning we found ourselves laying flat on the ground, where the heat from the fire had melted the webbing stretching them like soft taffy underneath us lol We were lucky with no snow, and none on the ground all weekend, but as we left, driving into Rose City, I turned into the Dairy Queen drove up to the drive thru to order, when suddenly the snow started coming down so hard and into my window, I had to drive up to the window to order, but once there, with the lady waiting for me to order, all I could do was crack the window enough to yell out WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT SPRING....We were in the hardest blizzard I can ever remember, and guess what we were both going to order....you guessed it, our all time favorite....OREO BLIZZARDS, True story!! Great weekend, despite for the lack of any sweet teats, and sad looks on our faces, for the long haul home lol

Old 04-14-2019, 10:15 PM
THE BERMINATOR

The lack of any sweet teats causes a sad look on my face too. BTW, women don't like it when you call them sugar **** instead of calling them by name.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Huh....I wonder why? Would be great if they calledme candy stick!!

Old 04-15-2019, 03:20 AM
THE BERMINATOR

One time when my ex was baking she spilled the sugar and ended up with it all over her pants so I called her Sugar Britches. A few years later, since she was older than me and yelled at me all the time, I started to refer to her as Old Yeller. Wikipedia says about the other Old Yeller, 'When a "dingy yellow" dog comes for an unasked stay with the family, Travis reluctantly takes in the dog, which they name Old Yeller. The name has a double meaning: The fur color yellow pronounced as "yeller" and the fact that its bark sounds more like a human yell.' My ex was a bitch with dingy yellow fur so the name really did fit. I wish I never took her in.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider
Old 04-15-2019, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Old 04-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

Just realized I AIN"T GOT *****! NO *****!!
I finally finished my BALL BUSTING ball joints, and now that, after 2 days of busting my ***** & JOINTS beating those suckers into place, to say nothing about, along with busting my back, knuckles, me head....and me yes me *****!! ''several times'' lol NO WAY IN HELL'O WOULD I EVER PUT MYSELF THRU ALL THAT BALLBUSTING TO MY BBBBBODY EVER AGAIN....YES SIR....NO ***** HERE! I BUSTED EM!!

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50