General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Rollover

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

[quote]
Originally posted by: RIS
budlite made me post this[quote]

Old 09-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: RIS
GROW UP AND TAKE BLAME FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

You know what, y'all can throw "Golden BS cards" all you want. You guys can think I am talking half truths all you want, and that's fine. But next time you take the rhino out with your kid in the passenger seat, at least you will know the danger is out there. Thats the most important thing. Truth be told, I will never meet anyone of you in the outside world and in most cases I don't want to meet most of you, so you guys thinking I am some tree huggin hippie hell bent on taking away all your fun and turning America into North Korea, go ahead and continue believing that, no skin off my back. I just hope one of you guys dont get injured because you remained closed minded about the topic.

I read one post say that he was going to put legminders on because of the possibility of this happening to him. That in my mind makes all you guys thinking I am satan himself worth it. Though you guys hate me for it, at least one person is safer because of people like me who have the ***** to speak up.

Another post asked whether or not people's feet were thrown out upon roll over. That is exactly what happened in my accident. My passenger's feet were thrown out due to centrifical force and lack of feet protection. THAT is what this is about. The vehicle needs something to keep the legs in the vehicle because on a rollover like that, all force is pushing you out. Thats why people who aren't wearing seat belts get flung out of a rolling vehicle. On the rhino, you will notice that stock there is nothing to keep your feet IN the vehicle when they are on the floorboard. Like I have said in previous posts, it would be a very easy fix for Yamaha but they won't do it. That is where I see fault that is not my own. We can argue until we are blue in the face whether or not I am a skilled driver and whether or not I was driving withing the "capabilities" of the vehicle. Truth of the matter is, y'all don't have any basis for your arguements because there was only one other person at the scene (my friend who got his foot shattered) and he also maintains I was not driving crazy or driving poorly, that's all I really care about. How you guys view my driving skills worries me not. Just know that if Ivan Stewart bought a Yamaha Rhino, I'd strongly recommend to him to put some sort of leg support in. I am not comparing myself to Ivan "Ironman" Stewart, just proving the piont that my skill level had nothing to do with the rollover.

This is going to be my last post and I will not be returning to this discussion board because there is not much "discussing" taking place, which is very unfortunate. Somewhere along the lines you guys have decided that anyone who disagrees with you and has another viewpoint is now the enemy and is to be hated. Sad really. But I want to depart with this, the Yamaha Rhino has a strong possiblity of rolling over, even if you do not expect it. There is no leg support for that kind of rollover. If you purchase this $10,000 vehicle spring for at legminders or even better, half doors. Considering you just paid $10k for a recreational vehicle, another $200 is not too much when considering the safety of your passengers and yourself.

Thats all I got and I am gone. Hopefully I will not meet up with you guys in the ER
-Bk

Old 09-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
Default Rhino Rollover

I have always wondered why they are too cheap to put the half doors on them factory?

Could that have something to do with the classification of the vehicle? maybe they would require side impact and all that crap if they had doors?

Old 09-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Your simply not seeing the big picture.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: Bk9360
You know what, y'all can throw "Golden BS cards" all you want. You guys can think I am talking half truths all you want, and that's fine. But next time you take the rhino out with your kid in the passenger seat, at least you will know the danger is out there. Thats the most important thing. Truth be told, I will never meet anyone of you in the outside world and in most cases I don't want to meet most of you, so you guys thinking I am some tree huggin hippie hell bent on taking away all your fun and turning America into North Korea, go ahead and continue believing that, no skin off my back. I just hope one of you guys dont get injured because you remained closed minded about the topic.

I read one post say that he was going to put legminders on because of the possibility of this happening to him. That in my mind makes all you guys thinking I am satan himself worth it. Though you guys hate me for it, at least one person is safer because of people like me who have the ***** to speak up.

Another post asked whether or not people's feet were thrown out upon roll over. That is exactly what happened in my accident. My passenger's feet were thrown out due to centrifical force and lack of feet protection. THAT is what this is about. The vehicle needs something to keep the legs in the vehicle because on a rollover like that, all force is pushing you out. Thats why people who aren't wearing seat belts get flung out of a rolling vehicle. On the rhino, you will notice that stock there is nothing to keep your feet IN the vehicle when they are on the floorboard. Like I have said in previous posts, it would be a very easy fix for Yamaha but they won't do it. That is where I see fault that is not my own. We can argue until we are blue in the face whether or not I am a skilled driver and whether or not I was driving withing the "capabilities" of the vehicle. Truth of the matter is, y'all don't have any basis for your arguements because there was only one other person at the scene (my friend who got his foot shattered) and he also maintains I was not driving crazy or driving poorly, that's all I really care about. How you guys view my driving skills worries me not. Just know that if Ivan Stewart bought a Yamaha Rhino, I'd strongly recommend to him to put some sort of leg support in. I am not comparing myself to Ivan "Ironman" Stewart, just proving the piont that my skill level had nothing to do with the rollover.

This is going to be my last post and I will not be returning to this discussion board because there is not much "discussing" taking place, which is very unfortunate. Somewhere along the lines you guys have decided that anyone who disagrees with you and has another viewpoint is now the enemy and is to be hated. Sad really. But I want to depart with this, the Yamaha Rhino has a strong possiblity of rolling over, even if you do not expect it. There is no leg support for that kind of rollover. If you purchase this $10,000 vehicle spring for at legminders or even better, half doors. Considering you just paid $10k for a recreational vehicle, another $200 is not too much when considering the safety of your passengers and yourself.

Thats all I got and I am gone. Hopefully I will not meet up with you guys in the ER
-Bk

That's to bad your buddy/friend was injured[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It's the risk you take in this sport. If you spent $10,000 on the thing, why didn't YOU spur the extra $200 and buy the doors for extra protection? Apparently the way you drive it, you need the protection. By the way, were you wearing a helmet? And I love your statement "he also maintains I was not driving crazy or driving poorly, that's all I really care about." Of course he isn't going to say you were driving like an idiot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He along with you see BIG $$$$ in Yamaha. I suggest he go after your homeowners policy, sounds more appropriate to me.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

If Yamaha would add extra protection along the sides someone would pop up complaining that an accident occured and they were unable to get out because of this supposed "added protection". It is sad but we have way to many people in our society that does not want to be held accountable for their actions. Most just want to get "paid" for doing nothing.

Old 09-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Prowrench. lighten up. You act as though you were the one being sued. Your behavior is both juvenile and cynical not to mention overly biased. Some of these people have suffered serious injury and are trying to warn others of a possible flaw in the Rhino. I don't see that anyone here chose not to buy doors, they simply weren't aware that they needed them.

If you have to SCREAM to get your point across, you just seem desperate.

Old 09-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
Default Rhino Rollover

For general use putting around your ranch feeding some animals and what not.. You don't need the doors. but if your going to go out and roll it over and dont have the where withall to keep your feet in the vehicle then you will prolly want the doors. but by design they are made to be easy to get in and out of. and as safe as anything. I know i will flip anything i drive at least once.. Ive flipped cars, trucks, ATVs, Motorcycles, Dozers, excavators, boats and so on.... Notice I flipped them. they did not flip themselves.

Old 09-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: Slinger
Prowrench. lighten up. You act as though you were the one being sued. .
As a yamaha consumer we are being sued. and as a person who enjoys innovation in the atv marketplace.. again being sued. Its like people who are skiing at a ski resort and crash into a chairlift tower and sue the ski resort. or people who spill coffee in their lap and sue mcdonalds. whats up with that stuff. Sue happy america. wooo whooo. no one has to have accountability for anything.. only the evil corporations. Its all their fault.

Quick Reply: Rhino Rollover