General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Rollover

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: Slinger
Prowrench. lighten up. You act as though you were the one being sued. .
As a yamaha consumer we are being sued. and as a person who enjoys innovation in the atv marketplace.. again being sued.
Exactly Cowboy, thank you!

As for your biased JUVENILE review of my post, Do you even own a Rhino? No, so your just trolling posts to find something to whine about then.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default Rhino Rollover

Fwew.. OK i read everything here.. To the people who say they was doin nothing crazy.. What was the tire pressure like at the time of the incident? Stock tires on all atv's suck, especially when under inflated. they roll and the wheel hits the ground and over you go. I can't see that rolling the vehicle is yamaha's responsibility in anyway though. someone was driving the vehicle and the roll over was their fault. going slow or not yamaha executives or employees were not behind the wheel of anyones rhino. Chit happens.. if you think it don't thats inexperience. and thats how you end up getting hurt.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:09 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default Rhino Rollover

Wow.....I have read this thing as well and I have to say a few things.....

When I was young, I rode a bicycle. No helmet, no pads, most times in shorts. I raced, I jumped, I crashed. I got bumps, bruises, scrapes, cuts, bone bruises, sprains and strains. It gave me a sense of vunerability, mortality that made me a better rider, because crashing sux, so the better I got, the less I crashed...The better I got, the more the risks increased, the greater the crash and the bigger the pain. That pain taught me limits, reality, consequenses for my actions, and at no time did my parents ever think to sue Schwinn for all my injuries and pain. It was my fault, nobody else and I had to live with that.

As I got older, I rode motorcycles, atv's and atc's. I rode in full gear and I rode with just a helmet and tennis shoes. I rode, faster and faster, jumped higher and higher and crashed bigger and bigger. Got hurt a few times but survived. Never once, did I, nor my parents ever think to sue the manufacturer of the motorized vehicles because the wrecks were all the fault of the operator.

Accidents happen with all vehicles, no matter if I know the limitations or not, you can wreck anything. If you lack the ability to know when you reach your limitations, you are in trouble, you will and probably deserve to wreck. Perhaps you don't belong on an ORV....somthing to consider, but if you lack the skills needed to safely operate an off road vehicle, how does that translate into the manufacturer being responsible for your irresponsiblilty??

I own a Rhino. I have had it in precarious situations. I knew, if I wreck, it's my fault. I keep my feet planted firmly on the floorboard next to the side for support. I kow better than to stick out a leg.

So if someone claims that the design is the only reason their dumbass friend snapped their ankle, they need a wakeup call, becuse to roll one of these, you need to be right on the edge, so BK, accept the fact that your incompetence, not the Rhino design, is the sole reason your friend's ankle got smashed.

TPR

Old 09-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

I have doors on mine, half doors anyway. Best thing I have done to it. And it did keep everything inside the cab when I rolled it. Also keeps the mud off of you when riding.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Well, as the originator of this lengthy thread, I have Yamaha's solution in my hands:

They sent out a letter reminding people to keep their hands and feet inside the vehicle, and a new sticker for the machine showing the same thing.

See? I told you the lawyers were in charge! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

Reading these forums makes me sad and angry all at the same time. I cant understand how some people can be so rude and cold hearted. When I first came on here to post it was only to warn people of the possible danger from the rhino, not to be fought w/ or made fun of. We are not idiots. To post things such as 'I held a gun to my head and missed so now I am going after the gun maker' is pathetic, if thats your way of proving your point you might want to try again. There MAY be a possible design flaw in the rhino's and that is all I was trying to get acrossed. Having experianced it first hand, I know how horrible it is to go through something like this. If I thought for one second it wasn't the manufactuers problem I would not be wasting my time trying to get the word out there. I only wish I could have read something like this before ever getting into the rhino.

My ex-father in law actually owns a hardcore ATV shop and refuses to sell the rhinos. Being on the 'inside' of the business you get to see more facts, more statistics. He refuses to sell them because they are a rollover hazard. All of this is information I did not learn until it was to late.

If this was just because of a 'few stupid tree hugging hippies' then how come more and more people are getting injured the exact same way with the exact same stories? Are they all throwing in the 'Golden BS' card to? Whats it going to take for you to learn?? This happening to yourself or worse your 12 year old kid? Because believe me until they fix the flaw eventually in time it will.

And to say the people that are suing are suing you... get real! Is that the best excuse you can come up with for your hill billy behavior?? What about the people who have lost thier legs, or the people who are severly disfigured or what about our medical bills...I know mine are well over the million dollar mark.
I won't sit back and be quiet until this problem is solved. Knowing what I know now and knowing that I can put the word out there to warn people ahead of time is good enough for me.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

If you can accept some responsibility for the rollover then that would be great....

This is the way I see it.....the problem is not the Rhino....

Part of the problem is that the ATV's have been sissified with auto transmissions, 4-stoke motors(don't have to mix gas and oil),electric start, push button four wheel drive, to make anybody able to ride one......cause they can sell to people who cannot even shift gears.....

ATV's have become so easy to ride that less capable drivers even 8yr olds are now able to hop on just about any quad from 90cc to 800cc operate it.....maybe not safely but operate it none the less....my 2 cents

Old 09-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Oh, and the most important thing engage brain before starting.
What ever happened to taking resposibility for your own actions.....

Old 09-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default Rhino Rollover

Alexandria.. I don't think anybody wishes for you to have to have experienced what you did.. Its just we all cannot see how it is in anyway yamaha's fault. they didnt make you get in the rhino. no one says atving is a safe sport. But with proper precautions taken it can be done with relative safety. I know numerous people who have broken their legs on quads by sticking them out.. None of them think its the manufacturers fault for not trapping their leg on. chit happens. I guess i need to know where yamaha ever represented that the rhino could not flip over?

Old 09-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it... I guess we will just have to wait and see what the engineers determine the problem actually is. And as for you statement ' hoping I accept some responsiblty for the rollover' may I remind you I was in the passenger seat, I was not driving so therefore I was not in control of the vehicle. I do know that my 20 year old sister who was driving at the time is an extremely cautious person and would never do anything to endanger my life or her own. We were on that thing for only 5 minutes before it tipped. We drove to the end of the yard, turned to come back home and it rolled. Believe it or not, that is the truth. I put the warning out there and it is up to you to do what you want with it. I know that there is something wrong with these vehicles- plain and simple. Except it!

Quick Reply: Rhino Rollover