General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Rollover

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:32 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] anyone else this point forward you have been warned, so keep your cool:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/499963.cfm

Old 03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

when is somebody going to produce some low cost leg bars? cheapest I've found is $189 for some decent looking ones. thats rediculous. somebody could make a fortune off a scare post like this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I will buy a pair if they are around $100

Old 03-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: Alexandria
I would have never gotten on that rhino, not even for millions of dollars!
And for those of you that keep saying....you had to have been doing something other than turning at a low speed for it to flip. My response to you, NO you don't. It happened to me and it has happened to multiple others. We don't know each other but we all have the same story. How does that happen? If it wasn't true everyone wouldn't have the exact same story.
It's sad how cruel you are to others you know nothing about. A 10 yr. old boy just lost half of his right foot due to the rhino rolling.

#1 Did you take a rider safety course before getting in that UTV?
#2 Were you wearing the necessary protective gear, long pants with long sleeve shirt, boots, helmet & gloves?

It's not a car & not supposed to drive like one.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Steering wheel, gas pedal, brake pedal......looks kinda like a car to me.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhino Rollover

Did everyone forget before getting into a rhino or anyother UTV/RTV/ATC/ATV that they post warning stickers,
I know that evertime I get on a quad I could get hurt, I have been hurt and will get hurt again, I expect this to happen.
No I do not own a Rhino, I would not ever own a rhino or any other sxs becaus I have no use for one and I like the idea if I start to tip over I can jump off out of the way(granted I have never done that before and have had to get more than one quad and dirtbike lifted off of my leg by someone else or by dragging myself out from under it.

I have never tried to sue anyone for my mistakes, turning too sharp, driving on a hill, acting stupid, not paying attention to what was going on around me

The last time I turned my 06 wolverine over I was turning around on a dirt road just wide enough to get two cars past eachother. I was turning sharply and at about 6 mph, whoops there I go, sore back and leg for about 3 days so I guess I am lucky I didnt hit the rock by my head(no helmet) I could have died or atleast taken a trip in an ambulance then.

But you know what, the warning sticker on the fourwheeler is there to tell me that i could tip over and get hurt, that they are dangerous vehicles to operate.

If I did get hurt bad, I wouldnt sue because you know what it was my own d@mn fault that I was on the quad and that I tipped, Yamaha didnt have their hand on the throttle or the steering wheel, or shove the quad over on me. It was my own inattention that caused the problem.

I am sorry to everyone that has gotten hurt on a Rhino because it rolled over on them, but take responsibility for yourself, Yamaha posted those warning stickers for a reason to try and warn you that you could get hurt.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Wow, it was back in October 05 that I started this thread, I had no idea how far it would go.
I'm kind of bummed how many people are planning on suing Yamaha for this, since it is so clearly not a manufacturer's defect. My friend is a DA here in L.A. and I had him look at it. Under the law it is not a defect, but rather a hazard of using the machine. In the instructions it warns about it, and that's that, from a legal perspective. That said, he guesses juries will see the injuries and award anyways, and so Yamaha will settle, and pass the costs along to us and thier shareholders, of course.
He pointed out that a defect is something that through normal use injures or destroys property (like a spontaneous fire coming from a bad carb or axles breaking under normal use sending the vehicle out of control, that sort of thing). This is nothing more than the same problems all ATV's, motorcycles, jetskis, snowmobiles, bicycles, anything that is a vehicle of any kind has, including a Rolls Royce limousine.
Anytime you do anything besides sit in one spot, you can get hurt.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Range Rover
Default Rhino Rollover

You hit the nail on the head with that one, Theyll pass along a sob story and every jury IN THE COUNTRY will award them for it.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Now you know why insurance premiums are so high!!!!!

Old 03-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

well put, exactly my point

Old 03-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

I just remembered that i have a story similar to yours... A few years back i got a brand new Honda 400EX, and loved it. One day i was coming up this hill trying to catch a little air off it.. In mid air my foot came off the footpeg and hit the ground.. I was moving forward so the footbed then rammed into the back of my leg, pinching it and pulling me down off the quad... then being stretched around my foot was then ran over by the back wheel...
It was pretty bad...nurses and dr's were telling me they have never seen an ancle swell up to that size before.. after my time in the hospitol and healing, which took quite a long time..Walking on it took a very long time too. After this my ankle never was right... Everytime i played basketball i would sprain that same foot..the bones never healed strong enough or the ligaments werent as strong..i dont know

You know what i did before i got on the 400EX again was??????????????????

i went down to my local parts store and i bought me some nerf bars....never had this happen again...

Quick Reply: Rhino Rollover