Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can honda move there @$$ to build a new sport quad

what ya'll have to say about that??

Old 05-23-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

i think honda needs to make the 250r reborn.. 300 kit on it w/ the old geometry frame but w/ extra gussets to make it stronger. They would sell millions of dollars worth and even if they stoped making them again in 3-4 years they would of still made a lot extra.

Old 05-23-2003, 12:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

there making a 450 i think

Old 05-23-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

There won't be a new 04 sport quad. Nothing new is in the planning stages. Honda will soon only make utilitiy quads.

Maybe some good old reverse psychology will work, we've been beating this drum for 3 years.

Old 05-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I tell you what, I hope Honda owners realize that Honda is Ignoring them. and I also hope MANY Honda owners remember that when ever,IF ever! they come out with a new quad.

They have taken yalls Loyalty and CRAP'd all over it. I know its been atleast 2 years That Honda owners have been demanding a HIGH-PERFOMANCE quad! The 400ex is a great little quad, but the technology is 20 years old.

I truly feel for you guys,and admire you patience, but honda isnt going to do nothing,unless you guys SHOW them that your loyalty only goes so far. IMO every Honda 250R lover should have bought a C'dale. Atleast they were intrested in YOUR SPORT (MX). Now, thier is NO C'dale (lack of honda sales), but Hopefully the next manufacturer that brings out a 400/450 base quad that has MX potential you guys will JUMP ON IT,and give Honda what they have been giving you.....A COLD SHOULDER!

I am a Honda fan( I still own the original POWER criuser ( 83 V65 Magna) BUt I realized years ago, that Honda is the only Manufacturer that gives the public what they want WHEN they want them to have it. That aint right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

LMHO

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

Gotta give you guys credit for brand loyalty I guess. All the great choices out there now and you're waiting around on something that may or may not come anytime soon.

Old 05-24-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Has everyone lost there marbles ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Remember that time from 90 - 98 where there were no new sport quads made? That's just a hair longer then the few years people have been waiting now...Honda makes more bling on utilities so why would they be in a big tare to get something rushed right out...they take there time, they see what works, what is reliable, they don't just rush out a pos like some other companies...maybe that's why everyone associates Honda with reliability...just a wild guess. Everyone can continue to bitch and moan all day long but that's not helping any just annoying the crap out of people like me....people that actually posses patience. Nobody is FORCING you to buy a Honda, wipe away your tears and buy something else if you think Honda is so horrible for not stamping out a new sport quad every five minutes...there are plenty of alternatives.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well put killer250r. As far as "crapping on their loyal customers" I couldn't disagree with that statement more. They probably spend more money on out of warranty "goodwill" repairs than all the other mfg put together. I have found over and over that if it's a reasonable amount of time, and it's a known issue or something that you can convince them is a mistake from the factory, they pay. I think the 400ex is still a fine sport quad, it's simple, reliable, light and there's an abundance of aftermarket parts available to make them run with about anything else out there. They still sell well too. Sure they might lose some customers to the "gotta have the shiniest newfangled fastest thing out there" crowd, but competition is a good thing for everybody, right?