Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

RACED A YFZ ON MY R!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RACED A YFZ ON MY R!!!

Ok, so me and sum friends are just riding around in the desert behind my back yard when sum kid comes all hyped up saying he just saw a yfz. Ofcoarse we dont believe him but about 5minutes after ragging on him for lying it shows up, bueatiful red/white all nice and shiny. His bike had the baffle removed, no lid, and he said he had just jetted it and that it was running cherry. He has on all of his racing gear and what not. He gets off the bike and we start talking to him meanwhile hes just walking around looking at the bikes. 3 stock blasters, 1 stock 250ex, 3 400ex's (one had a pipe, k&n, jetted, axle, shocks, flipped fronts), 1 stock kfx, and my R. He walks up to me and says "an R huh?" and im like yup then he says "is it fast" and i say "fast enough" he just looks at me and laughs. He gets back on his bike and says "lets race, I'll show you fast" i look at my friends and laugh thinking to myself 'do i wanna waste my gas beating him?', anyway i decide its worth it. I ask him where and he says "well your tires are pretty wasted so ill give u a chance, lets go to the street", i say ok. we measured out about alittle less than a 1/4 mile. There we are at the line, 3- i rev my motor to about 7-8k rpm, 2- i put it in first gear, 1-THE BASTARD TAKES OFF!, GO!- I pop the clutch and about 2seconds later im dead even with him, i shift into 4th start pulling away hit 5th and pull away more hit 6th and im GONE! I left him by about 9-10 bikes easy! we meet up again at the line and my bike turns off! stupid spark plug fouled! so there he is raggin on my bike and even has the nut to say "well my bike isnt made for drag racing its for mx" (i put a new spark plug) and say "well i have a little track right back there" and challange him to a race. My track has about 5 doubles (biggest being about 30ft gap?), 2 step ups, a whoops section (10-12 1/12ft whoops), and a small table top. I let him practice on it till he got the hang of it and he obviously did seeing as how he says "ok im ready to beat u on ur own track now." We both cant race at the same time cause its to narrow so we did time trails. My fastest time was 2:32.06, my friends on his modded 400ex was 2:40.00 (his is extended and has elkas), and his was a whopping 2:48.88!! (he had said b4 that he races pro). I have this high speed sand burm where my bike stays glued to the ground and his came up on two wheels every time! come on yamaha is this the best u can do?! i wasnt impressed with this bike at all, for $8k i would expect alot more. He didnt let me ride it cause he got all hurt cause i beat him or something. On a scale from 1-10 i would probaly give this bike a 4....well no not a 4 id give it a 6 cause it was alot faster than my friends ex in a drag....but yea Good job yamaha! u have once again managed to not make a bike faster than the R! (no offence to any of you who own a yfz, u have a good bike it just needs some modifications to keep up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]).

Old 08-09-2003, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

well since your 250r isn't stock, i don't know how you can criticize yamaha for making a bike that isn't faster than a 250r. because stock vs stock, it is. second, how do you expect someone who's never been on your personal track to beat you, short of kory ellis, or someone like that. i think you need to challenge someone who's more experienced on a yfz if you're going to drag race, and do it more than once. because if this guy got beat by 9-10 bike lengths by you, he's probably not a good rider or isn't familiar with the bike. face it, he's on a machine that has around 45 hp(i doubt your 250r puts out much more), has more overrev (10,500rpm), and weighs slightly more than your bike, and he can't stay within a couple of bike lengths? come on. i'm not saying the yfz is better than your machine, and i know this is the honda forum and you 250r guys have big egos, but it just seems like your comparison is bit lame.

Old 08-09-2003, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

2-strokes are just faster than 4 bangers..... sry

Old 08-09-2003, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

but this is the YFZ!!! yamahas best quad! which can beat raptors and ds's, His is a 450 (439 if u wanna get technical) i have a little 250 (once again 265 which isnt running very good right now). I would of raced him again but after the track thing he left without even saying laters or anything. He had to have had experience on it if he claims to be racing pro at the local tracks. Im not ragging on the bike im ragging on him more cause he comes over here thinking hes all that, and as far as the track goes i havent ridin on it in a long time, the winds overhere eroded all the ramps we just rebuilt it like last week and takes about 5-6 turns on it to get the hang of it.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:07 AM
rc3
Pro Rider

I am going to have to disagree with this post, and I am a fan of honda's. But I can beat a lot of R's with my raptor, and my dad has beat R's with his V FORCE, and I have raced a yzf and those thing's run hard and fast, and they accelerate like nothing else. So the rider was definatley inexperienced or you are full of yourself.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:10 AM
rc3
Pro Rider

OK CRACKHEAD if you are talking about him because of how cocky he was then fine. But with the right rider that yzf is a hard running machine. Hopefully the TRX450 will run just as hard so I can go back to Honda. Later

Old 08-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

those R's must have not been modded as much as mine. I can beat 310's on a straight away. I admit my R is modded enough to make this race seem "unfair" in a drag race but on the track?! i still have the stock '86 suspension and axle! he should been able to beat me on the track...

Old 08-09-2003, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

He is no crack head... My R with pipe reeds, and filter goes 5.5. A YFZ goes 5.6. (300ft) A well built 250R motor and good break in+ good jetting WILL run like a raped ape! I bet those 250R's you and your dad raced in need for a re-build, had no traction, or had a bad driver because seriously, I waste raptors and v-forses pritty bad. (and they even have pipes and filters)

If somebody knows how to down load a movie let me know!!

Old 08-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

That post was pure comedy...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I love this. Be aware the first time you pull up against one that's
completely uncorked....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

The YFZ is strong! it goes through gears like nothing, but still doesnt have the accel that mine has or top speed.

Quick Reply: RACED A YFZ ON MY R!!!