Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

lets hear about your worst wreck

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lets hear about your worst wreck

i have only been in one wreck and i hit a colvert at about 20 mph on my 250ex luckily it only messed up the front bumper

Old 11-30-2003, 10:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

it was on a three wheeler and it shaddered my wrist, good doctor made it work good again, but i missed several years of riding.

Old 11-30-2003, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

I rolled a three wheeler but I didn't get hurt.

Old 11-30-2003, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

someone hit me from behind, on that as slippery as ice mud, and i was on the gas, and naturaly there was a tree. which i hit but i was only doing like 15mph, and came to a dead stop, i did not get hurt but nor did my bike thankfully. now the tree on the other hand was soft and still has my frount brush gaurds' impression in it. guess those aftermarket bumpers are worth it, kimpex for 60 buck . huh?

Old 11-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

i also have sunk my vinson, and then on 3 occasions i have had to drive 10-15mi with water dirt and **** in the motor, no to mention one time i was with my bro and he sunk his lift mudzilla equiped sportsman, i mean sunk. and then i had to tow him out through handle bar deep muddy water that was frozen, this is a true story, ,and then when towing him through the last hole, buh putt sputter. intake on my bike went under. and we were stuck with 2 dead bikes in frozen mud water. then we had to use my winch to a tree and pull us out. by that time it was dark ,and we got my vinny started luckly, but would only run verticle. finnaly we got mine running, but by the way, the sportsman was still sitting in this water for 2 hrs. this was the worst time rideing i have ever had. it took 4 oil changes on the vinson, and 8 on the sportsman to get them running right.

vinsons seem to be amphibious

Old 11-30-2003, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mine was on an extended axle, aircooled, 250R 3 wheeler with flat tracks. I went to slide around a tire on the ground next to a concrete drive and misjudged. The rear wheel caught the tire, slammed me over sideways and my leg went under the tire on the way to my trip upside down. I slid approx 20 feet on concrete on my back with it on top of me. My shoe was already missing and pulling off that bloody sock was scary as hell, not knowing how many loose parts might be in it. My back was burnt to hell, my right big toe was broken, and my work uniform was trashed. I remember when I went to ride the next day (that's right!) I had to kick it with my left foot. I musta been 15 or so... LOL It wasn't much of a ride, but more of a dare I made myself to get back on.

Old 11-30-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

well i dont know which was my worse wreck but ill tell ya about a few of the bad ones,when i was 15 i was still learning to ride dirtbikes and decided i was ready to ride my friends kx250,i was doing fine untill i went off that jump lol when i landed the bike went out of control and sent me into a tree.the bike was a little messed up but i was fine.not to long ago i was jumping a huge pea stone pile on my scrambler,i hit it maybe 20 times perfectly and the last time i wanted to clear the whole pile and land on the downside of the hill,well i cleared it alright when i landed the front end was pointing to the ground and i got thrown over the handle bars and my machine ran over my head twice,and just 2 days ago i was flying down the old railroad bed which is very tight,railroad ties sticking out on one side and a cliff on the other.i hit a railroad tie which set me to the other side of the trail and my front tire hooked a tree,ripped the bars from my hands and the flipped sending me and the bike down the cliff i ended up landing in the river and my bike was almost in the drink also..so far ive been lucky enough not to get seriously hurt..

Old 11-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Riding tired, I lost control of my 2 wheeler. I came off the back, landed wrong and my elbow went the wrong way, dislocated, and hyperextended. Tore ALL of my tendons and ligaments off of my left elbow. I tried to make a fist, after the accident, and my muscles, tendons, and ligamants ended up halfway up my forearm, in a big ball![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2003, 01:22 PM
TIC
Pro Rider

Trail riding along river. Dark, tried to back up in a jam and went over the bank into logs and river. that sucked. water only 2 ft deep but damn muddy. Took a kodiak, winch, foreman, 4 dudes to get that rubicon back up a 15 foot bank.

Second time, huge gravel pile tried to go up three times, i dug some pretty good holes about 1/4 way up. Well after not making it to top i tried to roll her back down. Hit holes I dug previous and flipped that thing over backwards again!!!! have a really large scare on hand from not letting go of hand grip and my hand getting in between it an the gravel.

other than that damn lucky.

Old 12-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

I was 16 on a yamaha xt 650 street and tail, going down a paved road at 50-60mph. For some odd reason the handle bars went one way and I went over them hitting the pavement. Road rash on both my arms from my hands to my shoulders and little on my legs. Knee was ripped open to the point i needed plastic surgery... to this day (7 years later) I still cant feel my knee. Oh yeah the exhaust also burned into my side!!!

Thats my worst

Quick Reply: lets hear about your worst wreck