Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2000, 11:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you Minehunter 7 is the hot and 9 is the cold plug. The ONLY WAY to get power increase and response from your plugs (50 rpm) is when you use INDEX WASHERS in your plugs. These are washers of different thickness degrees that make the electrode face the EXHAUST port making your plug last longer from fouling, giving you 50 rpm more and better throttle response. These are available for B,BR,BPR#ES & HS plugs from Watercraft Connection at $21/kit (503)232-2026 FAX(503)235-9679 look for Randy.

Old 06-30-2000, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

Rancher4X4esluver,

One person took the time to give you and the other people in this thread some insight as to why you might want to stick with a stock plug, and you have to insult him. You have people who really don't know and ask, like some of the people in this thread, and then you have people like yourself that can't admit when you are wrong. Backcountry just shared more useful knowledge in one reply than I have seen come from you in all your replies. I guess I am getting a little insulting, and I apologize. It just gets annoying when people like myself and Backcountry and several others in these forums take time to share knowledge we have obtained over the years.

You should be thanking him for teaching you something but instead you insult him.

Guys, do you really think that Rancheres4X4 knows more that the people that manufacture your ATVs. Do you think Honda just settles for poor performance from the 400EX because they don't want to fork out an extra .50 on a better hotter plug. Of course not. You were ignorant until backcountry educated you. Now if you still listen to Rancher4X4luverdon'thaveaclue you are stupid too.

I sound a little irritable tonight don't I? This is the first day of my vacation. I should be in a good mood.

Greg

Old 07-01-2000, 03:02 PM
r34
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll go along with that....

Old 07-01-2000, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Greg, all I ever see you do is start fights on these fourms. I didnt jump down his throat for saying that, his response wasn't that friendly, when im asking about plugs that increse preformance, he answers with "why dont you just put a stock plug in like everyone else does" or some variation of that (sorry if this doesnt make sence, i just worked all day ) well i forgot what I was saying and im too lazy to look.. i need to sleep
sorry about this post it prob. doesnt make sence

if i even spelled that right
screw it

Old 07-01-2000, 10:24 PM
Range Rover

i guess i could'nt say as i have never had to replace a plug in my hondas. if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Old 07-01-2000, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Rancher4X4ESLUVR,

I do not try to start fights with people in the forums. I read Backcountrys advise to you and I beleive it to be sound advise. You response to him was ungrateful and demeaning. He attached the link so you could research the matter yourself and actually learn something. Giving bad advise in these forums is going to end up costing someone some money. Backcountry saw something that needed an explanation and made an effort to clarify. He didn't attack you or anyone else. He just tried to help. When I saw your response, it irritated me and I bet it irritated anyone else that look at these forums for good advise.

The few times I have been responded to in a hateful manner have either been a misunderstanding that was soon resolved or one of these immature kids that just look to stir up trouble.

I have tried to give good advise where I could. There are several people that e-mail me directly with questions. When I don't know, That is what I tell them. But even then, people have been grateful and courteous.

If someone else thinks I was wrong in my response to Rancher4X4ESLUVR, let me know. I can be an A$$ sometimes. Maybe this time?

Greg

Old 07-01-2000, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Rancher4X4ESLUVR,

I do not try to start fights with people in the forums. I read Backcountrys advise to you and I beleive it to be sound advise. You response to him was ungrateful and demeaning. He attached the link so you could research the matter yourself and actually learn something. Giving bad advise in these forums is going to end up costing someone some money. Backcountry saw something that needed an explanation and made an effort to clarify. He didn't attack you or anyone else. He just tried to help. When I saw your response, it irritated me and I bet it irritated anyone else that look at these forums for good advise.

The few times I have been responded to in a hateful manner have either been a misunderstanding that was soon resolved or one of these immature kids that just look to stir up trouble.

I have tried to give good advise where I could. There are several people that e-mail me directly with questions. When I don't know, That is what I tell them. But even then, people have been grateful and courteous.

If someone else thinks I was wrong in my response to Rancher4X4ESLUVR, let me know. I can be an A$$ sometimes. Maybe this time?

Greg