Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher AT v. Rubicon v. Rincon - which one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher AT v. Rubicon v. Rincon - which one?

Please help me understand??? I keep reading about the rincon not being able to push or pull or how it needs a low range and I really can't understand why?? I own a rincon and pull heavy loads, push big trees and thick brush when trail blazing,go in thick mud with aggresive tires and have never,NEVER had a problem turning the tires. I have smoked all four tires on the asphalt pulling a tounge heavy trailer!!! Perhaps that is just an excuse for the people who are to tight to pay the extra $$ but for the folks that have one and say such things please do a tune up or something cause yours don't run right!!!!

Old 01-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

I was in the same situation about a month ago. I wanted to upgrade from my Yamaha 400 Kodiak. I'm not one of those brand loyal people. I've owned Suzukis, Hondas, Polaris, and Yamahas. I dug out my vast collection of atv magazines, read all of the reviews from owners of all of the utility machines on this, and other forums. My friends own every atv available between all of us, and I ended up buying a Suzuki Vinson 500 auto. It seemed to fit my wants and needs the best. I haven't logged a ton of miles on it so far, but at this point I am more than happy with my purchase.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RedRinconRider
Please help me understand??? I keep reading about the rincon not being able to push or pull or how it needs a low range and I really can't understand why?? I own a rincon and pull heavy loads, push big trees and thick brush when trail blazing,go in thick mud with aggresive tires and have never,NEVER had a problem turning the tires. I have smoked all four tires on the asphalt pulling a tounge heavy trailer!!! Perhaps that is just an excuse for the people who are to tight to pay the extra $$ but for the folks that have one and say such things please do a tune up or something cause yours don't run right!!!!
Mine will smoke all 4 of its tires on asphault when pulling a heavy load, if I pin the throttle.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think all three atv's are completely different from each other and each one serves a different purpose. Biggest isn't always best but not enough is worse. Today, there is not an atv we would trade our Rubicon for except a new Rubicon. Does not mean it is "the best", just the best for us.

All three would more than likely do the job for you. If engine braking is important, get the Rubicon. With low range and in "1st gear" the others don't even come close.