Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2000, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LoL good reply SP500,

My dad may not kick everyones azz but my uncle could!!

Old 07-06-2000, 08:32 AM
Range Rover

Well unless your dad is my uncle, that would b impossible! heheh

SP500 in NS

P.S. I think this whole idea would be a would lot better if it were just a get together of us forum readers. We would make for an awesome group ride!!! Imagine that!

Old 07-06-2000, 04:19 PM
Range Rover

Lets put it this way. I sold the SP500 I had to buy a Rubicon because the Rubicon was more of what I wanted in an atv. The Rubicon is the perfect machine for me,my wife and my son. I could care less which machine is faster, pulls harder, corners better, etc. The Rubicon does what I want it to and more. It is obvious that I wanted the Rubicon more than the polaris or I would not have sold the SP500. One reason I bought the Rubicon was due to Honda's reputation for reliability and ruggedness. If I spend my hard earned on something as expensive as an atv I want to be as sure as I can that it will hold up. Of course, there are more reasons than the one just stated. So, who gives a rats behind as to which quad does something better than the other. As long as you are happy with what you have. The Rubicon does everthing I ask of it and more. You polaris guys go get your grease guns and grease your machines. This will give you something else to do rather than hanging out on this Honda forum. By the way I'm bigger, badder, faster, more expensive, prettier, more powerful, have bigger tires, have 25 more grease zerks, have a belt driven machine, have a Hondamatic transmission,have more ground clearance, less ground clearance and a bigger ego than you. WHO CARES?!!!!!!!

Old 07-06-2000, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Rubione,

I agree with you. I purchased Honda, because of the reliability factor.

The Polaris guys have a real hard time with the fact, that the Rubicon, might just might dethrone them as the ultimate 4x4 ATV! I don't care if it happens or not. I am sure there will be a shoot out down the road conducted by one of the magazines.

One thing about Hondas, they have very good resale value.

One of our club members has a new Rubicon, this past weekend got to see it in action. I was surprised on how quiet it was! No transmission noise!

Don't let the Polaris owners take you back to the Dark side, Luke, Uh I mean Rubione

Old 07-06-2000, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Actually I really have not read any posts about us Polaris guys caring about the Rubicon I certainly could care less what Honda puts out I owned one and will not again. I don't care if it beats my Sportsman in every category there is for an atv. I bought mine to ride it.

Old 07-06-2000, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

The great Honda Reliabilty apparently skipped one brand new 1994 300 4x4 that I purchased.

Old 07-06-2000, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

xepathfinder,

I agree with what you said but replace your Honda reference with Polaris in my case. Just as you will never own another Honda, I will never purchase a Polaris.

They just don't appeal to me. Thats why I always suggest to people to ride as many different quads as possible before purchasing.

We have 3 Polaris quads in our club. The Sportsman 500 owner has about 1500 miles & no problems. That GREAT! I still wouldn't want one. Choice, its a great thing. We should be very happy with all the new quads coming out. These are good times for us.

If my next quad isn't a Honda, it will be a Kawasaki or Yamaha.

Old 07-06-2000, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

yes thats a good one my town is bigger than your whole state hehehe...better check the elevation on those hills alaska skunk...ask any of the guys that ride in WV there is a few on here...ask them what the trails are like around here. And as far as the testing to be an officer seems it is another thing you know nothing about...it is called a civil service test...you know nation wide thing in any state that you have to be at least 3 highest on the list to get hired not to mention WV has the 2nd best academy and one of the hardest academys to get through that is 4 months of pure h#ll...come back when you get your facts straight...

Old 07-06-2000, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

you are right I should not judge the whole company on the one atv I owned or the few people i might no who had trouble with a particular model..

Old 07-06-2000, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

If you really want to do it right you should get 3 to 5 guys that have never owned a polaris or a honda atv and let them ride both through the mud and trails.
And see which one they think is better.
Then you will have a true honest answer.
And seeing as how they have never owned either one of these Quads they will(should) not have a bias towards one of the bikes.
I think that this would be the best way to do it.
But it might be a little impractical.
What do you think?????

Quick Reply: Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here