Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Riding Death...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding Death...

kype ri was righ tthere when that happend at silverlake it was crazy th eblack blazer with no doors on it hit the bike or the bike hit him actually it was opening weekend it mad em slow down a bit lol so man send me a private message maybe we will see each other up there sometime

Old 04-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Riding Death...

I've never witnessed anything like that but, every winter we go camping once or twice and someone always gets the "Winter Camp Injury" A few years ago a friend of mine was the winner of that year, the throttle was pinned, the hill was icey, he was heading down hill, hit the brakes, turned the bars, fell off the bike and had a fat lip for a week. No helmet of course.
Or the time I was plowing snow,standing up doing about 20 with no helmet and hit a curb...black eye for 2 weeks.

Old 04-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Riding Death...

That's usually whe **** Happens. The one time somebody does something different, doesn't pay attention, doesn't put their helmet on, or say "just one more time" or "I can go just a little faster". These things are a blast to ride, but are VERY dangerous, period. Something can happen at any time, but usually happens when we let our guard down or have a bout of cranial rectitus and do something stupid. When we make a mistake, we can pay dearly.

RIDE SAFE

Old 04-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default Riding Death...

I was at sand lake riding about 2 months ago. I took one of the little offshoot trails with the turn around at the end. My buddy was following me & I looked up to make sure he was going to take it the right way. Next thing I know I was flying thru the air & slammed into the bank. Next my bike which had flipped over landed on me. I landed face down & had the wind nocked out of me. Then my 400ex landed on me on its side with my nerf bars slamming into my back. I was stuck between my nerf bars & the rear wheel. Hurt a ton & I kinda thought I was dead. Couldn't breath, couldn't move & I was a bit out of it. Luckily my buddy was close & got my bike off me. I probably laid there for 30minutes getting myself together. I had a hard time riding back to my truck with my ribs just screaming at me. Turns out I broke 3 ribs that are just now healed. I didn't really think much about it after that other than every time I moved my ribs flippin killed. One day I was thinking about it & remembered the force I felt from my nerf bars. I also thought of if I didn't have those nerf bars on. My foot peg would have most definately punctured my lung & I would have been dead. SO needless to say I am a big fan of nerf bars & any protective equipment you can wear. I also wasn't wearing my chest protector (left in truck). That alone would have probably kept me from breaking my ribs. On my crash I just caught the birm & that is what flipped me! I make it a rule never to ride without a helmet but I really have not been to strict on anything else. Kinda sad it takes a good wreck to encourage you to wear some of the extra gear. I'm just thankful I have the chance to be more careful. I could have just been dead

Old 04-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Riding Death...

Originally posted by: badbran
kype ri was righ tthere when that happend at silverlake it was crazy th eblack blazer with no doors on it hit the bike or the bike hit him actually it was opening weekend it mad em slow down a bit lol so man send me a private message maybe we will see each other up there sometime
I was not there, my neighbors were, they saw the whole thing also. In fact my neighbor had just raced him a few minutes before. They said that when they took his helmet off, (which they probably should have not done), his head just flopped around. Broken neck. Too bad, but these things happen. Just have to be careful.