Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r owners

Originally posted by: stevendsm95gst
lilthumper: Im sure that you think that your 13t hrc kit honda is very fast. But let me tell you that there is always going to be someone faster out there. Where are you from?

So im ga-y because i posted true results that i have witnessed from a dyno? If you think that im on here to bash the trx then you are very wrong. In fact i was one of the first guys on this forum to test ride the trx and post a very extensive nonbiased review. Go ahead and dig it up if you would like. It was appreciated by many honda owners to see that me (a yamaha owner) was able to say such good things about the trx. Next time you want to run your mouth and call other people childish names maybe you should do it on another forum. You are just making yourself look stupid.

here i did the work for you. Here is my post a few weeks after the trx was released. unbiased review
Steven, No I don't think my 450R is very fast. My 550 quadzilla is the fast one! I don't think I called YOU G-Ay. I think this 400EX vs 450R is very silly. I did read your review weeks ago and it was a good review. And yes, if anyone only gains 2-3 HP with the HRC kit, I think they need to go back and check some things. Thunder Alley, you don't think my HRC 450R can "hang" with a stock YFZ?? Wow, I sure thought it could, I guess I am smoking something. I am sure your YFZ is far from stock though.

Old 05-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

thumper, I missunderstood you, I thought you said you could hang with any YFZ. But yes your HCR TRX should hang with a stock YFZ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

i have a stock 400ex, and got a 450r. The difference was huge. 440 kit or not, the 450r power wise is well worth it to me. I have exhaust now and I jsut embarass my freinds 400ex with some light mods. I embarass a lot of piped banshee's at the dunes too.

The only part ot the bike im not happy with right now is the suspension for mx. But last weekend I was keeping up with a 360cc 250r that had lonestar/elka LT arms, and all your usual mx stuff. Mine had some holeshots on bead locks and exhaust. I even beat him to the first corner on the first moto. If thats not impressive for a stock bike with exhaust?......... I really dont know what is. Its miles and miles above my 400ex in every catagory except for really really tight woods riding.

Old 05-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

it's been proven that the HRC kit doesn't add very much power, the cam is mediocre, its the stock exaust with added flow, and that's it. the whitebros carbonfiber full system exhaust (a racing exhaust pipe) will add about as much power as the HRC kit, but the whitebros exhaust costs $900. the 450r has a pretty good exhaust stock, so there's not much room for improvement there. personally, i kind of miss my 400EX. it had enough torque that i could let it start to bog down in any gear, then hit the gas and wheelie my heart out. on the other hand, the power spread on the 450r is very even, there's no sudden mid-range punch. i like that. personally i like the 450r better, not only is the power and speed awesome, but all the components are awesome.

Old 05-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default 450r owners

Originally posted by: CroBiker
it's been proven that the HRC kit doesn't add very much power, the cam is mediocre, its the stock exaust with added flow, and that's it. the whitebros carbonfiber full system exhaust (a racing exhaust pipe) will add about as much power as the HRC kit, but the whitebros exhaust costs $900. the 450r has a pretty good exhaust stock, so there's not much room for improvement there. personally, i kind of miss my 400EX. it had enough torque that i could let it start to bog down in any gear, then hit the gas and wheelie my heart out. on the other hand, the power spread on the 450r is very even, there's no sudden mid-range punch. i like that. personally i like the 450r better, not only is the power and speed awesome, but all the components are awesome.

You have been very misinformed. The 450R's stock exhaust is very restrictive. The HMF pipe adds 7hp throughout the bottom and mid range. Maybe White Bros needs to go back and do there homework becauase if they can only get 3-4 hp out of an exhaust something is very wrong.

Also the cam in the HRC has been proven to lose bottom end hp and add 5-6 hp through the mid & top end.

I'm not flamming you I'm just setting the record straight.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default 450r owners

trx450r, does that mean that if i put a full pipe like a yoshimura or something and get 7 hp and add the hrc cam i would get another5-6 hp so that would be a total of 13hp gain ????????