Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Originally posted by: jim450r
u all wear ur seat belts? think not
drive the speed limit? think not
never cross the middle line? think not
always use a turn signal think not

every1 is different some ppl are idiots and think they're perfect and others tend not to care about details,....
all opinions and u two are on the opposite end of extremes....

as far as im concerned a moderator should kick both u off b/c u two are both ignorant...
JIM who are you talking about?

Old 09-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

cops here are real jerks about it.....the rich people from nyc come up here and have all the political influence.....we, who have been here for years riding in the same trails, have none. me and my freinds who go riding with me dont tear up lawns, terrorize neighborhoods, or do anything like that. do you think a cop would consider that perhaps we are responsible atvers?....maybe elsewhere, but not here. think he considers that maybe it was another group of atv's that are responsible for property damage??...nope. thats like if you were driving in your car and a cop pulled you over and arrested you because in the next town over, someone in a car robbed a bank. then later charged you with the robbery...even though no evidence suggests your responsibility. i say, if the justice system wont force judges to give atv'ers fair trial, and force cops to PROVE guilt, than how can we allow ourselves to get caught up in the corruption?? i wont pull over for a cop, because no matter what i actually did, im guilty of everything that anyone on an atv has done.......ever. your gonna get tickets if you stop definatly, but you have a chance of getting away if you run. i dont ride anywhere im not supposed to, except for a few road crossings here and there (mine is registered and plated)----but a cop will give chase, and will try to ram you off the road.....even if it will cause physical injury.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Range Rover
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

jeepnrocks and pimp250r are right on time with this IMHO.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

ODYSSEYJUNK,

Im not here to debate with you or anyone else that alot of ATV laws are unfair.In fact,here in Michigan,they are extremely unfair in alot of cases.Because of what happened with 3 wheelers way back in the Mid 80s,many municpalities have adopted unfair laws against ATV enthusiasts.

In the past and even today,indiscriminate Off Road use has damaged fragile ecosystems on both public and private lands.Complainsts of erosion on hills and trails,tresspassing,destruction of stream banks and beds,and conflicts with other users have led to more restrictive rules to control Off Road use.

Now I dont agree with many of the laws regarding ORVs [Off road vehicles]today,but I still ABIDE by them.If you dont like a certain law,than take the necessary steps [like contacting your Senators and Reps]...Tell them how you feel about a certain law.Join an ATV club or association that ACTIVELY involves a vast number of its membership on the State level and HELP assist in making better ATV laws for all in your City or State.Just setting here and complaining about how unfair ATV laws are and that you will run from the law instead of helping to make better laws will only prove to make things worse for our sport.

Join an ATV club and get yourself INVOLVED!

Bill

Old 09-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Actually, I would be embarrassed to even write that I was in a situation where I had to run from the police. I have many of them as personal friends and they start their day and put their pants on just like us. The morrons that run from them should stop and think about what it must be like to carry a gun at your job. Not a wrench or a computer or a telephone, but a deadly weapon. And why? Because they are a target for every criminal that currently has freedom. How would it feel to get up and go to work knowing you have to wear a bullet proof vest? Wondering if you're going to take a bullet today? And for what? Because of taking an oath to protect little Johnny even though he's acting like an idiot on his 4 wheeler. My .02!!!

Old 09-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Hey no one has a gun to their heads forcing them to be cops, if they wanna be cops and put their lives in danger everyday thats their deal not mine...

Old 09-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

i was talkin to muddy...i do side slightly with u on this but not totally just for the way u two are acting on these boards....

Old 09-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

muddy and u my bad...

Old 09-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

[i]. . How would it feel to get up and go to work knowing you have to wear a bullet proof vest? Wondering if you're going to take a bullet today? And for what? Because of taking an oath to protect little Johnny even though he's acting like an idiot on his 4 wheeler. My .02!!!
no one forces people to be cops its there choice they choose a job were they can be killed they didnt draw there job out of a hat they knew it was dangerous when they signed up, thats why thet got all that training a shiny badge and a gun.its like a proctoligist coming home from his firstday and saying i dont understand it im dealing with a s s holes all day long

Old 09-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Range Rover
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

I have been asking myself for quite some time, " why would so many people tell us ATV'ers that we are no longer allowed to ride on their land?" I have also been asking myself why there are not as many big rides lout there like there used to be?

Not to point fingers at anyone by any means, but after looking at these threads here, my question has been answered. So many people fleeing the police, riding down the road at high speeds and not obeying traffic laws and road signs. I don't blame anyone anymore for shutting down their property or the police for pulling you over! If you are going to drive down the road a little to get to a trail take it in low gear(as it has already been said, but one more time can't hurt). And, please, obey all the traffic laws. At least in my area cops will respect you for that. Now like I said, I'm not trying to point fingers.

All I'm trying to say in this message is I don't want something good to get ruined from a couple of people who just want to break the rules for fun. From you breaking the rules in your area will definitely have an affect on rules nationwide so don't think that it won't. Because believe it or not, sometimes its the small news stories that make headlines, thats what gets all these political people's brains churning and telling us that we can't do this and we can't do that. Then the rules will be so strict that we won't be able to do more than look at our ATV's while they sit in our garages.

Now as for the reply by the ATV instructor saying he wishes that you wreck into a tree at fifty miles an hour. I truly do not believe that he actually meant that. I would assume that he meant that he hopes that you will learn a lesson.

Quick Reply: HOT PURSUIT!!