Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

HOT PURSUIT!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

i think i forget what this topic is about now ??
oh i remember now.
it started out as a story about a police encounter
then it went into a debate about running from cops
then a debate about muddies attitude
now we are onto the nobility of law enforcement officials....or lack thereof haha
i went to school with some people that became state police, worked with people that used to be officers, had beers with state cops, and met others at various other functions. i can tell you some of the stories these guys tell you after getting a few in them certainly doesnt ring of nobility in any sense. but then again i have met others that were very nice and had a good understanding of their job (usually the older guys)
i knew a state cop that pulled over a buddies girlfriend just to tell her what bad news he was and that she should get a guy like him. last summer a younger local officer pulled me over for breaking the speed limit and i immediately recognized him as someone who was an enormous pot head.
last year 5 state cops beat up a 20 year old kid i know who is about as meek as a mouse. he doesnt even have a car. he was riding a bmx bike by the gas station and they told him to get lost. he was just bored and went over to the other gas station to get a drink or whatever. 5 good and noble police officers showed up to control this 120 pound behemoth by beating him to the ground.
for law enforcement officials "good" is the exception and not the norm.
i would also like to adress the comment about "how would you like to strap a gun on every morning for your job"
Now don't get me wrong there are good cops who go out and fight crime and are in it just to make a difference. BUT a huge percentage of these guys have some ego thing going on and love to put that gun on becasue it makes them BAD asses. These are usually the type of people that NEED a gun to feel tough and without it couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag. If any of you are from smaller towns you know what i mean because this is where its most prevalent.

Old 09-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Yes, I live in a small town and the police profile you speak of escapes me. I live across from the old local police station which is a spot for a radar position and I'm glad I do. The colorful description of fleeing and eluding makes me laugh. Police encounter?

Old 09-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Kinda like an "alien" encounter. OMFG run!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
We have ALL side roads open in our area open for ATV riding but with a maximum speed of mph. Which isn't a bad speed anyways
considering there are thousands of acres of woods around here. We've come across bear in the early spring and seeing bear around here
is obviously nothing common. Many records have been broken here. There was a 620lb black bear killled no more than a mile from our house and another 550+ lb'er awhile later. We're way in the sticks, so we have every animal and slowly the number of cougar are growing
very close to home. Needless to say that speed limit is broken a lot of the time. Sometimes people get really bad about the tire marks left on the road. They think quads are spinning around to turn around when in reality even the slowest nicest turn on a quad on a gravel road is going to leave a big mark, but they still get bent outta shape about it. But they don't get bent outta shape when the farmer down the road moves hay or **** on a tractor and that gets spilled all over the road. The guys who made these rules around here have their heads on straight. Cops are doing more important things because even though this is the country there are many more important things
to deal with like the poaches who kill deer spot lightning then leave the deer to die and don't even eat it. Or they kill it and then go throw the body in a river. Or the punks down the road who constantly throw their garbage in rivers and lakes. If my employer would allow it, I'm going to setup some of the super small wifi camera's out there with night vision and have them broadcast to one of my unix workstations down the road. Funny, those punks won't suspected some hillbilly to have that kinda setup in the middle of no where.

But anyways back to topic. Around here a lot of people got together and discussed the ATV problem and came up with good results.
We can ride on any side road and in some cases the highway but we follow the obvious rules. If we're on the highway and a car comes begind us, we pull completely off the road and give as much padding as possible and stop completely. Pull into a drive way or whatever is there since we have big shoulders on our roads. I am glad it turned out that way because for one, only two people in the entire county are against the rules and their reasons are retarded and have no meaning. Two, 98% of the people here have quads, atleast one 4x4.
Some people have 12 quads. Three, 95% of the people here hunt, so it's effecient for them to hop on their 4x4 with a bucket of corn or whatever it is, go down the gravel road they live on to where they hunt and bait.

Old 09-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Range Rover
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Yeah that cop that was chasing Crack and got stuck, probably popped a beer when he got home, had a laugh and said to himself I will get that sucker next time!