Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher width, website wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher width, website wrong?

I looked on the Honda website for the Rancher 350 width and it said it was 45 in. But then I looked at the 400 Rancer and it said it was 43.9. I need a foresure measurement because I have an old trailor I am about to restore and I am about to buy a rancher 350 in the comming week. The trailer is 44" wide. Could somebody go measure there Ranchers at the widest point (I guess this would be the outside of the tires. I really need to know and hope that somebody can help me.

Old 09-17-2004, 01:36 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I went and looked at the website and although I do not own one I would say the 45.0 inches is correct for the rancher. When you look at the photos you can see slight differences in the models but there should be because of the AT on the 400.

I would call the dealer and ask a salesman to measure one of there ranchers

Old 09-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

riderman- How wide is the inside width of your trailer?

Raptoryfm660r- Wow! I just looked at Cowboys average post per day. 32+. Over a thousand in a month. I think he's going to over take you in having the most posts. Shouldn't take any longer than a year. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2004, 01:50 PM
RIP Dear Friend

LOL, go Cowboy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hey I was just looking at Hondas website and I see they now make the forman as such:

"Introducing Honda's first full-size, two-wheel-drive ATV. It's new everywhere you look—including the Rincon-inspired styling. It starts with a huge 500-class engine, new front disc brakes and even new digital instruments. Where it ends, is up to you."

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] two drive Forman????????

Old 09-17-2004, 01:55 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: riderman
I looked at the 400 Rancer and it said it was 43.9. The trailer is 44" wide.
Even at 43.9 that will be a tight fit and no room for error.

Old 09-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer

Inside of trailer is 44" I just dont think that a 350 rancher 4X4 is 45" wide.

Old 09-17-2004, 02:06 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I went out and measured my Honda 300 4x4 and its just slightly over 45.5 from the tape measure and then the book says 45.6.

I don't think the rancher is smaller than my older Honda.

Old 09-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'll take a tape measurererer...er with us just in case there's a Rancher there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It would be nice if someone would just measure their stock Rancher already.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I ride with someone that has a Rancher but I won't be seeing him for a long time.

I missed the part about the trailer being 44" before. I guess Cowboy has me in a daze.

I wonder where they measure the width at. Is it at the rear rims/tires, at the fenders, or footpegs?

Old 09-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
LOL, go Cowboy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hey I was just looking at Hondas website and I see they now make the forman as such:

"Introducing Honda's first full-size, two-wheel-drive ATV. It's new everywhere you look—including the Rincon-inspired styling. It starts with a huge 500-class engine, new front disc brakes and even new digital instruments. Where it ends, is up to you."

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] two drive Forman????????

I was almost ready to sell my Foreman to buy a new 475cc in blue. (Match my helmet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) Then I realized that the blue models only come in the 2x4. The digital instruments must be an add-on. I don't think the 2x4 in the picture had one on it. I guess some people might be interested in a 475cc in a 2x4. I don't know any of the people but they probably do exist.

Old 09-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That width measurement is at the widest point on the bike, which is the plastic fenders and not necessarily the wheel width. I have the old body style and I don't have stock rims or tires, so I can't be of much help.

Quick Reply: Rancher width, website wrong?