Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

QUIT TALKING AND DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gore

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2000, 10:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see the message about Gore and his land grab is still a hot topic, well I posted this letter a couple of days ago and nobody responded so I'll post it again. Here's your chance to quit talking and get involved, copy this letter fill in the blanks and send it to your Senator. It will only cost you 2 stamps and a little of your time or even e-mail it and it will just cost your time. Get involved people before it's too late.

Dear Senator
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510

I am writing you to ask that you cosponsor S.510, the "American Land Sovereingty Protection Act." S.510 is a vital step in protecting the sovereignty of our nation and the private property rights of all citizens. A similar bill, H.R. 883, which had 183 cosponsors, passed the House on May 20, 1999, by a voice vote.

I am concerned about the lack of Congressional oversight over UNESCO international land designations in the U.S., primarily World Heritage Sites and Biosphere Reserves. These international land designations have been created with virtually no congressional oversight, no hearings, and in the case of biosphere reserves no legislative authority. The citizens of the United States have been left out of the domestic process to designate Biosphere Reserves and World Heritage Sites.

S. 510 will: (1) prevent the Executive branch from using international land reserve designations to guide domestic land policies without consulting Congress, (2) restore meaningful Congressional oversight of these programs, (3) protect the rights of owners of non-federal lands adjacent to or intermixed with these land reserves, and (4) protect our domestic land use decision-making process from international interference.

I encourage you to cosponsor S.510. I am also requesting that you ask Chairman Murkowski to mark S. 510 up as soon as possible in the Senate energy and Natural Resources Committee and ask Senate Majority Leader Lott to bring S.510 to the floor for a vote before the 106th Congress adjourns.

Sincerely,

Well are you going to help out the cause or not, we must draw a line in the sand somewhere. Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition and let the numbers speak for them, it works for the NRA (of which I am also a proud member).

Old 09-08-2000, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

I just did..

Old 09-10-2000, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider

I'd already sent a letter in to my senator/representatives before you had posted this. This looks good though so I'll send it too. I don't think it hurts for them to know we are serious about this issue. Oh, and I did join the BRC a few days ago, hope that helps as well. Glad to see you're a NRA member too!

Mike