Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r and the yzf

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r and the yzf

well today i went to Honda house, then went to Bee-Line (Yamahe dealer) fist i checked out thr 05 450r. $6,399. then i checked out the Yamaha. it was still in the crate. they didnt have any put together at the time. but for the 05 YFZ's they were asking $6,292. i was very surprised... i always thought the YFZ was way more expensive then the 450R..hmmm... i think i made my decision. and i think im going to go with the Yamaha. i have always been a Honda fan, but this time i think im gonna have to get a Yammy. unless i change my mind in the next few days. how much do you think i could get for my 01 300ex. FMF full system, k&N air filter, rejetted, Kenda rear tires, and a DC front bumper? its in great condition. how much do you think i will get if i traded that in?

Old 04-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

just to let you know either bike you'll be happy with but i have a yfz and a lot of guys i met on here helped me a lot on upgrades and mods to do to it so feel free to ask...

Old 04-16-2005, 02:59 AM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

oh man...now i have another problem...color... i love both blue an white. eeeeek. more thinking to do.

Old 04-16-2005, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

look at my pics i have the blue one ;-) i like it and white will show stratchese etc.. more

Old 04-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 450r and the yzf

I trail ride alot and find the electric start kicks *** especially when I stall on creek hills and stuff like.Instant startup any gear.
You never miss a beat.
To me since it is same weight,Yamaha all the way.

Old 04-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Rem
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

i say get a yfz, more power, more reliability, all around better quad. but if youre going to do alot of trail riding, i suggest getting a second seat with more foam.

oh yea, also it weighs less AND has electric start so... well i guess its your decision

Old 04-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

k then i guess im getting the YFZ....first mod im getting is a pipe....somone around here where i live owns a YFZ with a GYTR (or whatever its called) pipe. and man...that is got to be the loadest quad i ever heard. every time he drives past my house and im out side...i can literally feel the pressure pressing against my chest as he passes. (WOW) and good thing people around here all basicly own quads and dont care about sound... honestly the louded the better is how i put it. so i might get the GYTR pipe. or unless you guys know of a better one....

Old 04-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

tell ya if i can ill get a vid of mine today give me your email address and ill show you everything i did on mine and you can somewhat hear what the yoshimura pipe sounds like...

NO GORMAN TODAY EARTHQUAKE JUST HIT ;-(

Old 04-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default 450r and the yzf

Originally posted by: Rem
i say get a yfz, more power, more reliability, all around better quad. but if youre going to do alot of trail riding, i suggest getting a second seat with more foam.

oh yea, also it weighs less AND has electric start so... well i guess its your decision
This coming from a guy who owns a Blaster... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

I don't know about Yamaha being more reliable! Not from my personal experience. I will bet you that as usual the resale on the Honda will be higher and it seems this year that Honda and Suzuki are spanking the YFZ in MX racing. But hey if e-start is that big of a deal then go with the Yamaha, especially if you are under 6 ft tall. They are both good bikes, and it seems that you can end up getting the YFZ cheaper as that is the case around here also. The dealer said that they aren't selling as well as the 450r or Z400's. That is per my local multi make dealer. I know that there are far less Yamahas around here than there is Hondas as a rule. There was starting to be a lot of Raptors and Banshees, but there are alot in the paper and at my local multi line dealer they will be discounting the Yamahas way more than Hondas. Hey if you get the YFZ it'll be a good bike. Not too many locals left racing them, as alot of guys had battery issues and a couple of other minor things on the 04 models. Get the White and Red as it is sweeter looking than the plain old blue and it'll have that cool 250r color scheme that just looks faster.

Quick Reply: 450r and the yzf