Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r and the yzf

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r and the yzf

Originally posted by: Scooter86
OK, maybe ugly is to strong a word, but the 450R sure is homely. The headlights remind me of the way the eyes were styled on an 80's computer game I had for the ole Commodore 64. (You youngsters have no idea what i'm talking about, right?) I guess you could always put a new hood on it and eliminate the lights, but then you just have a 250R lookin thing that I have been seeing around for 20 years.
Dude, that's your opinion... In my own very personal opinion, the LT250R looks pretty d0rky, and the YFZ450 looks like a mosquito (The hero on Atari's "Yar's Revenge" comes to mind).

That doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong, like I said, it's just our opinions. But posting comments like that on a public ATV forum (...especially the Honda section), are the thing to do to get flamed. And that sort of thing can only lead to those childish "you suck - no you suck - no YOU suck" threads, which don't really lead anywhere.

Let me put it to you this way: If in real life, next weekend you go riding, and you meet someone with an ATV you don't really like, would you really tell them to their face "your bike sucks because the headlights on your quad remind me of blah blah yak yak..." ? Though that person probably won't get offended to the point of kicking your a$$; chances are they're gonna think you're an a-hole...

Old 04-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

OK, maybe ugly is to strong a word, but the 450R sure is homely. The headlights remind me of the way the eyes were styled on an 80's computer game I had for the ole Commodore 64. (You youngsters have no idea what i'm talking about, right?) I guess you could always put a new hood on it and eliminate the lights, but then you just have a 250R lookin thing that I have been seeing around for 20 years.
i actually agree... but when they are race ready (like Tim Farr's 450R maybe) i think they look sweet and maybe even better than the yfz sometimes. you cant beat the yfz's perfect and clean looks in my opinion tho. i see a lot of mx yfz's and they all have the kinda mx cookie-cutter look. its just opinion tho. the stock 450R headlights draw a lot of attention and look like boggley eyes to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. not trying to dis on anyones quad tho cuz i do have respect for it and i think it looks better than some of hondas other atv's. at least sportier. i dont know.

yeah your not going to go up to someone and say what you think about the way their quad looks. Scooter86 was just talking about the 450R headlights and it was just his opinion. dont take offense. appearently you have an opinion also. nobodys trying to put down anyone elses quad. we dont need anymore flame threads...esp cuz of something as simple and stupid as this... but hey thats what most of the flame threads are about, right? anyways.... im done....

Old 04-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default 450r and the yzf

Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ
i actually agree... but when they are race ready (like Tim Farr's 450R maybe) i think they look sweet and maybe even better than the yfz sometimes. you cant beat the yfz's perfect and clean looks in my opinion tho. i see a lot of mx yfz's and they all have the kinda mx cookie-cutter look. its just opinion tho. the stock 450R headlights draw a lot of attention and look like boggley eyes to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. not trying to dis on anyones quad tho cuz i do have respect for it and i think it looks better than some of hondas other atv's. at least sportier. i dont know.

yeah your not going to go up to someone and say what you think about the way their quad looks. Scooter86 was just talking about the 450R headlights and it was just his opinion. dont take offense. appearently you have an opinion also. nobodys trying to put down anyone elses quad. we dont need anymore flame threads...esp cuz of something as simple and stupid as this... but hey thats what most of the flame threads are about, right? anyways.... im done....
No, the YFZ is ugly... The R is fierce!

Word.

Old 04-20-2005, 02:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 450r and the yzf

OK, OK. If you look at my original post, I actually went out of my way to not implicate any quads as to thier looks. It was a general statement"Life is to short to ride ugly quads." Somebody asked which one I thought was ugly. A momentary loss in judgement and I spoke my mind. I actually like the 450R, but Honda lost a sale here due to 1) no e-start, 2) looks. If I hooked up with you(or any 450R rider) of course I wouldn't spout off about how there quad sucks due to looks. You can disparage my LT all you want. I didn't buy it for looks, LOL. It just happened to be the fastest thing I could buy under $1500.00 to get me back on a quad. Heck, the previous owner "race cut" the fenders with what I think may have been a disposable razor blade, then painted flames on the side! It is fugly, and it has been replaced. Anyway, regardless of which forum this is on, the guy was looking for opnions, and I gave him mine. A#hole out!

Old 04-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Hey, First, I need to point out a small detail that's buggin me. The honda is only a few mph slower than the yfz at top speed, the yfz gets there a heck of a lot faster though! Anyway, as to your color question, I have the blue and love it. It shows scratchs really bad, and any bends in the plastic show too. my riding buddy has the white and red which also looks sick. The powder coat chips really easy though, and when you scratch the white, ti turns a brown/yellowis color. For your performance questions, I have the LRD Pro-4 series slip on and love it. I have also had the GYTR (crap) the DR. D (biggest power increase of 9hp, but louder than heck, and in my opinion, sounds like crap) the Yoshi (not bad, but way overpriced and not near the quality of the LRD or DR. D) and now the LRD. the LRD has an average of 7hp increase, is somewhere around 96db, and has a really deep, smooth sound. I love it. I also have the full K and N intake with the air box lid removed, and jets. Back when I was still stock I regularly beat trx 450R's that had pipe, jet, filter, and cam. Good call on getting the yfz, it's a much better bike. And the seat really isn't that uncomfortable. The trx just happens to be really comfortable, so in comparison, the trx is a lot more fun to sit on, but catching sand roosts from the yfz's you can't catch all day isn't worth a nice seat to me! Oh, and about the resale thing. Over here in Oregon, trx 450's are for sale used all over for under 6 grand with quite a few bolt ons, and you can barely ever come across a yfz 450 for sale, and when you do, there is barely any depreciation. When you can actually find one used, it's still goin for around 7 grand. It's a better bike and everyone is finally realizing it. The Honda is a great bike too, the yfz is just better. Have fun.

Old 04-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

ok. i dont want to sound like a little kid when i say this but....what is the loudest pipe you can buy for the YFZ450???

Old 04-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

It is funny that here in VA they are discounting the heck out of new YFZ's and not the 450Rs. Multi line dealer said that he sells 3 450R's for every YFZ 450 at his dealership and my buddy wasted a YFZ with his Tri-a in a drag from the get go several times. Maybe those 450R's that you are riding with have bad riders, lol, or inexperienced. I beat the Tri-z with my 450R from the get go, it really don't matter, they are both good bikes. Very equal, contrary to alot of opinions on here. I am not too keen on Yamaha other than the Banshee and Tr-z, but you unltimately have to be satisfied. For me the YFZ was uncomfortable and I prefer Honda so I have a 450R, just like my preference for Ford Trucks. Neither has ever let me down, so I am a creature of habit. Used to like Chevy, but got tired of working on em and the 3 diff chevys that left me stranded on the road cured me of the chevy disease. If Honda fails me then I will look to Yamaha next. Whatever you do don't get a SUsucki!

Old 04-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

I've been tracking this thread for a couple of days now. I actually find this topic quite humorous. As are most related to this type of discussion. I have nothing to add for either side that will help settle this discussion. BUT, I will say this much.

Internet racing is an amazing sport. Probably one of the most entertaining types of motorsports going today. What I love the most about it is the fact that ANYTHING is possible when it comes to internet racing. A Blaster can beat a fully stroked Banshee and so on. It's kind of like virtual reality, if you can see it in your head it's real. That's what a lot of these replies remind me of.....people seeing things in their head's that they think are real.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Buck

Old 04-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 450r and the yzf

i say honda all the way man

Old 04-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 450r and the yzf

Virginia beach might be givin away,but hear in richmond no dealer will budge on yfz.I even called dealers in norfolk and fredricksburg.

Quick Reply: 450r and the yzf