Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r and the yzf

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Default 450r and the yzf

I have never ridden a 250r or a YFZ450. I have a 450r and a 400ex. The 450r is narrower throught the area where your legs and knees are that the 400ex. It also has a much light feel to it. YFZ450trx400ex says both bikes are very similar then goes on to say the YFZ is "much better". This is a biased opinion. Both are very similar in their overall power and speed. From what I have read the YFZ has a harder "hit" than the 450r, which has a very smooth, yet strong, power delivery. I have modded mine with a stage II hotcam, rejet, opened airbox and muffler mod. This really opened it up. I couldn't be happier. I could go on and say that I have never been beat by other quads, but that's not true. So much of it is the start and the rider.
There will be a bunch of us down at Florence, Driftwood II campground, from April 28th-May 1st. There will be more than 1 450r's there. So come on down and I'm sure someone would let you give it a spin.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:59 PM
lbc
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r and the yzf

Yeah the YFZ that we currently have has an FMFQ pipe, K&N, Rev limiter and the valve timing set back to factory (they come set for California emissions) which limits them. It is a force to be reckoned with for sure[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I really like it. Of course technically this is my husbands bike so I have to get my own[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] So there lies the dilema whether to get rid of my 250R. I really like the hard hit of a 2-stroke that is why I was so impressed with the YFZ but I really would like to ride a 450R to compare. Hmmmm........it just so happens we will be camping at Honeyman in Florence the same dates 28-1st. We might just have to pop over to driftwood II. What should type of rigs should we look for? We will be riding either a YFZ red/white, a 250R white with a red velvet seat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I know its a chick thing gotta have the bling and or a red lonestar 250R. When I said rigs I meant trucks trailers etc.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Default 450r and the yzf

Well, there will be a bunch of us. At least two weekend warrior toy haulers, I have a black F350 4X4 crew cab and my camper will be off my truck. I will be in site #21. All of us will be in probably sites at least 10-21 or 22. There will also be a Beaver motorhome, a 24 foot enclosed trailer. My 450r has a flame seat cover with hauler paddles and shark fin fronts in case you see us out in the dunes. Most of us are arriving by Thursday the 27th. Do stop in and say hello!

Old 04-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

I have said many times that I have a biased opinion about the yfz (because I own one and love it). And I have also said many times that they are both good bikes, and are both very similar. I just happen to like the differences in the yfz! Some people are just getting a little too emotional here and takin every word so seriously and gettin fired up about it! As I've said, I respect the trx! It's a good bike. Anyway, I've only ridden a trx once, and it felt really similar to my 400ex. Whether or not it is a lot narrower, I don't know. Compared to my yfz they both feel really wide. I have never ridden a 250r, so I don't know how they compare. I love the yfz, and it sounds like you ride kinda like I do, so I'd recomend the yfz to you. I found the yfz to be a lot more responsive when I get on the gas, and as you've elluded to, it has that violent power band that makes you hold on tight when you get into it. If it was me, I'd sell the 250r and pick up the yfz. I'm a four stroke guy all the way. I don't know about you, but I don't have the extra coin to be pourin tons of gas into my bike every time I go riding. The most I've ever used in a day was right around five gallons of gas in my 450. I can ride for hours on a tank, and am always havin to come back early from rides for all my banshee friends to fill up their tanks. Anyway, I'll probably be headin over to florence end of this month too, so I might see some of you all there.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Default 450r and the yzf

YFZ450,
Look us up, all riders are welcome to join the fun. Even Yamaha riders![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

for sure bro. who all on this thread is in the oregon (florence) area? I didn't really expect anybody to be local. cool stuff.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Default 450r and the yzf

I'm not local, I'm from north of Seattle. Look for the Portland, Or. thread under "where to ride" Lots of guys (and gals) from down there.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:42 AM
lbc
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Cool hopefully we can get over to Driftwood and meet you guys. So look for a white R with a red velvet seat and a lonestar red R or a white and red YFZ.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:45 AM
lbc
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Well so far I really like the YFZ from what I have experienced. I don't know if I ride like you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am just a girl......just kidding. For a chick I can hang pretty good. Yeah I really do like the pick up the YFZ has but I would like to try a 450R too just to compare

Old 04-22-2005, 12:54 AM
lbc
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

I'm not local either. I am from North Seattle as well.

Quick Reply: 450r and the yzf