Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

FS 2005 Yellow Rubicon Ridden Once

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 2005 Yellow Rubicon Ridden Once

C'mon now my desire to fit in has finally got the best of me. My 2005 Yellow Rubicon purchased Weds 7/28/2005 is for sale/ It was new in the crate when I bought it and has a WARN 2.5 Winch in stalled already.

Today I rode it and and realized it is has nothing to do with this quad but riding in general. My life lesson is your gain.

It also come with a Moose fender bag, Thor boots, Shift riding attire and a HJC helmet, all also used once.

It is as mint as it was when it came from the crate.

Paid $7500 OTD including winch etc, come get it for $6500 OBO.

Like I said my loss your gain,any questions email hdpflstfi@yahoo.com

Old 07-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

WHy man WHY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Any pics?

Old 08-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

Jack Jack: I would be very interested PM me and I'll make you an offer and explain my situation.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bump!

Anyone who emailed me on this please resend I was away and email deleted!

Old 08-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Also having trouble with the PM please email me

Old 08-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

JackJack, not trying to be offensive at all. But you might want to come off your price a little bit if you really want to sell it. Remember the '06 models are out. Keep in mind, if your price is firm you probably will be able to sell it for that may just take a little longer. I know the local dealers sell them for a lot more $7399. I purchased an 05 on 7/20. It was brand new, yellow in color, and I only paid $5,777 out the door.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

fedfuzz, did you have a trade in? Did you talk them down too? Thats a good price. Whenever I get my Yamaha garage ornament back toghter its out the door! No more Yamaha!

Trending Topics

Old 08-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

No, I did not have a trade in, that is this dealerships no haggle price. You can not get them off there price any, however with that kind of price who needs to. There are several of these dealers throughout the US. They are considered a wholesale dealer. I purchased my Rubicon at
Ritchie's Powersport in Athens, TN. http://www.ritchiepowersports.com

Another dealer I know of is Southern Honda in Chattanooga, TN. www.southernhonda.com I have had several friends purchase from them. Abernathy's is near the KY/TN/MS border they also offer this same type of pricing. www.abernathycycles.com

My out the door price was $5777.00 for the 05' Rubi and an additional $450.00 for the extended warrenty. Great thing about buying out of state is you do not have to pay sales tax. You may want to pick up a CycleTrader at your local gas station. Alot of these wholesale places advertise in them. I myself was sceptical thought there had to be a catch. But there isn't. Friendly service just like my local dealer, nice showroom. Even let me test drive several models to help me make my decision.

I see your riding a Grizzly. What about it do you not like? I origianally considered the Grizzly, but all the fuel problems they were having scared me off, not to mention I was afraid of the belt drive. I heard it would slip on Yamaha's, Suzuki's, and Kawasaki's when is deep water of mud. I love the Rubicon, plenty of power, and the smoothest Transmission I have ever ridden. If you do want to play with the gears the electronic shift mode is nice. However, I rarily use it. If you have any more ????'s email me, respond to this message or pm. I will help all I can.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

I need to look around the area for a price like that. I don't need to worry about taxes, we put it on a farm account. I have heard too about some good deals down in Tenn. I have had a few people from around here that bought down there already. My brother has a 01 Ruby, and I really like the power of it. And now that they are redesigned I think they look great. Of course it doesn't have the top end power of the Grizz, I think the bottom end is about the same. One of my biggest probs with the Grizz is the axles. I have broke all of them and it is not from neglect. And I don't see paying $1400 for aftermarket. May as well buy a new quad thats more reliable. The grizz is really built cheap too, guess to save on the l weight. I have had other small problems like it not starting after it gets hot, and of course the belt slipping. Sometimes even when its not wet. I'm sure the Grizz is a good quad, just not mine. My only problem with going to the Ruby is that it is slow. I love to fly down the road to my riding ground.

Old 08-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ridinghigh have you ridden the Rubi since it was redesigned? I had ridden 02' & 03" models, which were nice. However the new redesigned Rubicon would leave them in the dust. In 2wd I have had mine upwards 55mph with throttle left, but have read of others on the forum who report a top speed of 62mph. Not to shabby for a bike that ways around 650lbs. In 4wd it is a little slower, but still rather quick. I ride some pretty rough trails. The only thing I have seen on the Rubi is you better clean your radiator out after a day of riding in a lot of mud. After a few rides, (if not cleaned) it will start over heating) I have not personally had this probelm however one of my riding buddies did last week. I have been in mud overtop the front fender, and the Rubi chugged on with little to no hesitation. I climbed a steep steep hill with really soft pack dirt last week. It never thought about hesitating. I have bent a tie rod. Hit a rock pretty hard in the middle of a mud hole. It was a cheap fix. Part cost $7.50 from Honda, and about 1 hr of my time. Go ride an 05' or 06" model I think you will agree its a big difference from the old body style. It has plenty of power. Probably not as much as your grizzly, but still plenty of power.