Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

06 Rincon 680 or Outy 800XT

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Rincon 680 or Outy 800XT

She isn't really new rider she just doesn't like the quads that feel real big or that the power hits too hard. She rode my P700 but the power on the bottom end bothered her. I had a module on it and she felt like it was going to wheelie over on her when she was climbing hills with rocks. It also had 26 inch tires that added to the steering she didn't like. We will test ride several but it will end up just being in a dirt lot, hard to get a real feel for them there.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

The Outlander 650 is going to weigh 10 more Lbs than the 800 so if you want it now I would just go w/ the 800. I have my heart set of the 800 Outlander XT not the 2 up. However my dealer does not sell it and my fiance has a BF650 and we take it and our jet skis to the same dealer. I am afraid it will be too much of a pain in the but to have to go to 2 different places for service, parts, maintenance. etc......As much as I want that 800 I have now narrowed my choice down to the 05 Rincon, King Quad, or Grizzly. Right now I am undeceided between the KQ and Rincon. I am going to have to test drive both and make my decision that way I think. Does anyone know of any pros and cons between the 2?

Old 12-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Megan,

Welcome to my world......KQ or Rincon....and it has been that way for me for 6 months! On this forum you will get people backing the KQ probably 3 or 2 to 1 but that is because it has more power, features and it is cheaper. All good on the surface for sure but the KQ has really had its problems too. The first thing I will say is that although I don't own either, I would buy an '06 model on each of those not the '05.

On the KQ, it looks like the '06 is coming with better tie rods and no matter which yr you get it also look like you need to replace the air filter immediately, grease the seals at both ends and keep a keen eye on it. I am sure you know this but many have complained about blue smoke from dust in the intake and that can't be good. Not to scare you but this has been a scary issue.......it does, however, seem to be "fixed" by spending $30 and paying attn. I would PM glenlivet, he just purchased a new KQ not too long ago and he knows what he is talking about. (Although he didn't respond to my last PM!)......also utahquadsquad is in the same shoes with 2 Vinson's and has been doing A LOT of KQ research before possibly buying one. I am still considering it but the air filter deal sounds like it is a must to do right away.

To me the Rincon would probably fit my needs.....why does it get "bashed" here? IMO it is because it isn't, by any stretch, the fastest or most powerful big bore out there and it isn't even close. It has no locker and 3 speeds, like a car's transmission. I like it and am considering it because I don't live in the mountains and won't be in 2-3 feet of mud. I know that I want EFI and IRS and that 680cc......underpowered or not, will most likely be more than enough for me and it comes with reliability and a great ride. Read the write up at atvscene.com

Do a search about the KQ air filter on the Suzuki forum and you will see that most likely it is a simple fix, read the Rincon and KQ write-ups at atvscene.com.....the KQ is about a yr old and is on the '05, the Rincon write-up is on the new EFI '06 and is very new and positive. Interesting that the guy who wrote it is selling his KQ and buying an '06 Rincon.

Last but not least, here is a link to a ton of happy KQ owners and pics of their quads and riding areas:

http://atv.dnsalias.com/forum.cgi?vi...pic=328&show=1

Good luck.....I am in your same shoes and will most likely go '06 Rincon or '06 KQ.

Old 12-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Stocks,
Although now I think I am leaning towards the Bombardier Outlander 800 XT again. I know it is going to be a pain having to take our quads to 2 differnet places but nothing is exciting me the way I get excited over it. I actually got to sit on one today and was like this is it. So I have made up my mind. Now I just need to find a dealer carrying it. Everyone either has the regular one w/o the XT features or the max[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I did find one dealer 1 hr and 45 min away that even has the color I want.
I will be doing hills & I like the IRS plus the visco lok features the outlander offers.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

I am sure it is a GREAT choice.....I just don't want to pay close to 9k when it is all said and done.

The bottom line is too def get what you want!!!!!

Old 12-15-2005, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah I am w/ you on the price, but everytime I think about it I get sooo excited. Like a little kid at Christmas. I don't get that feeling about the Rincon or KQ. Plus I plan on having it for awhile. It is something I am definetly going to grow into and not outgrow. Hopefully anyway. LOL.