what do you honda guys think about the 700r

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006 | 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default what do you honda guys think about the 700r

Originally posted by: TractorPacker
Originally posted by: Torbinx
Originally posted by: Sickwilly
I've never ridden one, but they appear to be pretty sweet. The only thing about the 700r is that
i'd like to see the EFI stand up to the test of time.
efi has been on all automobiles for almost 20 years. Some airplanes in world war 2 even had efi. Carbs are an old technology soon be dead but relatively cheap and simple to mantain and fix. Dont get me wrong I love muscle cars but within 5 years all atvs will be efi.
How many cars with EFI go into water, though? For that matter how many planes? I am sure they water proofed the connections, but let some time tell. I would be pissed if 7k was sitting in the middle of a stream because the computer got wet.
I agree efi is cool but I would like to see it proven in the atv world. wasnt there a time when banshees used j arms and where did they go?

Old 01-26-2006 | 02:30 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default what do you honda guys think about the 700r

I've owned all of the Big 4 jap brands before, but sway a little more towards Honda. That said, if I was going to buy a new sport quad I would take a serous look at the 700r. The only thing that would make me think twice about it is the extra weight of a bigger bike, I like bikes/quads I can throw around.

As far as Honda coming out with a big bore, I really don't know. I know they had some proto-type versions of it, but I don't know if it will ever see production. Maybe this year?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]