Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

680 Rincon top speed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 680 Rincon top speed?

Originally posted by: raidermike67
Agreed. I ride with an Outy 800. We've both been riding about the same time. I'll kill him on the trails were there rutted and off camber.>>>>>>>

I disagree.....I have both and the Outlander takes corners MUCH better then my Rincon, not nearly the body roll.
What tires are you running on your Rincon? What about your Outlander?

Old 09-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I've been running King Quad wheels and rims. Yes the stockers. I bought my Rincon used and it had ITP wheels and 589s on it. I couldn't even ride across my yard without plowing it up. So I picked up a set of aluiminum wheels that would fit. I'm right now trying to replace the KQ wheels since on my last ride I hit a rock and destroyed one front wheel. I have a set of Maxxis tires waiting on some new wheels.
I run my front tires at 12psi and the rears at 6psi. In a tight turn, I just jump on the rear brakes and nail the gas. It will just slide right around most turns.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

A Bomb 800 has ungodly power for a ATV. Awesome acceleration! Great sound! But, hard to steer, and absolutely will not hang with a Rincon in tight trails. Ask any professional rider or magazine tester. I have seat time on both on tight trails and I know.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

What tires are you running on your Rincon? What about your Outlander?
>>>>>>>>

Stock Ohtsu on Rincon and Carlisle Badlands, I think the tires make a big difference though in handling.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

But, hard to steer, and absolutely will not hang with a Rincon in tight trails. Ask any professional rider or magazine tester. I have seat time on both on tight trails and I know.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Well I've spent the past year on the Rincon and had an Outlander prior to this one. I can powerslide on roads with the Outlander that I simply don't feel safe even trying on the Rincon. I think the tires have a lot to do with this. As far as the steering goes...I can't tell much of a difference honestly. I know for a fact I can hit the whoopes a lot faster on the Outlander then the Rincon and that kind of surprised me.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: raidermike67
Stock Ohtsu on Rincon and Carlisle Badlands, I think the tires make a big difference though in handling.
Bingo.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

Slight differences in handling aside there is no real comparison between the Rincon and Outlander.

My uncle went riding with me last weekend as he's in the market for his first quad, he had boiled it down to the Rincon or Outlander, I told him to go riding with me since I had both that way he could have some real seat time on both to make a good comparison. Kinda funny how different perceptions are, someone here mentioned the Outlander was hard to steer and my uncle said the exact opposite after riding it compared to the Rincon, anyway, not here to mince words or stir the pot. At least Honda uprgraded the Rincon to 4 wheel disc brakes and EFI they didn't adress engine braking, a lower gear and a bit more storage, maybe a second container in the back?

My uncle said hands down he'd go with the Outlander 650(doesn't need the 800) over the Rincon. For the same MSRP seems to me to be a no brainer. Low gear, engine braking down to 3 mph, v-twin(more hp) encoded key security feature, more storage and a better 4WD system. The Rincon serves well as a second/back up quad, the power is strong but tame enough I feel comfortable letting a lady friend ride it without worrying it's going to get away from her. It's very comfortable to ride, I like to try and turn people on to this sport so it's good that that they are comfortable and enjoy their experience, the Honda is very simple to operate.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its amazing how different people have different thoughts and impressions about these things.While riding the 800 down a trail I couldn't keep up with my own Rincon. I just didn't feel as comfortable on the Bomb. I have to agree with Dirtslinger about the steering. I can't speak for all Rincons but mine feels like it has power steering. The Bomb wasn't bad just more effort than I'm used to.But your right the Rincon is super easy to ride. I've said it many times before, it can make a novice look like an experienced rider. Engine braking is one reason I like mine better. I hate engine braking. I hate the pushed forward when letting off the gas. TO ME it gets annoying. I like to be able to let off the gas and coast. I don't ride the extreme stuff so the brakes work just fine for me.
But as far as price, around here the Bombs are way more than a new Rincon. Even the 650. But honestly before buying another quad I would like to test the King and Brute also.