Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Which Honda Dealer Cares About my Business?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007 | 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Which Honda Dealer Cares About my Business?

I took my bike in for warranty repair over a week ago, called today and they haven't even looked at it yet and even asked me what was wrong with it (don't they write **** down).

Old 04-12-2007 | 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

In Feb. 06 I went into the two Honda dealers in the Greenville, SC area. I was looking for a new 06 Rincon. The first dealership did not have one in the showroom or outside but I figured they had one in back. I was in there for half an hour. I tried to flag two guys down as they were moving around. No one spoke to me the entire time!
Next I went to the other. They had an 06 there with ITP rims and tires right in the middle of the showroom. I went straight to it. I sat on it and looked around like I was claiming it. Then I got down and looked it over, looked under the back, took off the seat, tried to get someones attention. Again, not a word from anyone! Was I invisible? Did it look like I didn't have money?
That was on a Tuesday. That Friday I picked up an 06 Rincon and an 05 Rancher 400 AT from Southern Honda in Chattanooga for far less than I would have paid in Greenville.
I went back to one of the dealers a week later for some oil and filters. I barely got out of my truck to walk in when a salesman asked if he could show me something. I told him he was a week too late and walked on by.

Old 04-12-2007 | 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure about all Honda dealers my local one wouldnt give a crap about anyone as far as I can tell, same experience as you mtpockets. Yamaha dealer in Conway Arkansas same way.
In springfield Mo the Honda dealer will help a guy out.
But the reason I stick with Yamaha is because I trust them and my local dealer really goes the extra mile for me.

Gave me a "new" raptor 80 carb (only had about 10 miles on it) yesterday to see if it would fix my idle problem on my badger. It did so I called them and said I would be back later to pay them for it. Got there paid 40% of retail value for it.

Old 04-13-2007 | 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

Man you know what no one should have these problems. I'm sure it's not just Honda dealers either. I have worked a Honda dealer that was just like all those who have wrote in. I hated it, go up to get a pop and there's a show room with about 5 to 6 people not one sales person. Heck I went and started helping them, then tracked down sales people.

Hey here's a clue most all places, the sales guys are really tring to sell stuff at the end of the month to get it on there check. Same with the owners.

Also spent alot of years in setup so know this to be true.

Old 04-13-2007 | 10:36 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

Ahhh, I'm glad you guys revived this topic.

As a quick update, I did buy a Honda dirtbike for my son. It was from a different dealer who was very helpful.(although as I remember it was towards the end of the month!LOL).

We did everything over the phone! And that was SUPER because I work a 6 day week. They even delivered it to my house.

Now that experience EXCEEDED my expectations.

~MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2007 | 10:40 AM
Trailblazer

i also had the same problem twice with local honda dealer. went in one day just to check some out and get prices 2 of them were standing near counter but no,one came over i was in there for almost half hour i didnt have money then to buy one but they didnt know that i was very dissapointed i guess from what i heard the owner actually buys them outright from honda then sells them other ones they just have them in invintory and make money when they sell it. i would think if i already paid for them i would want to move them as soon as possible but what do i know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2007 | 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Well I can't complain about Big Delta Honda in Batesville MS. As soon as you walk in, someone is going to speak to you at least and come ask if you need help. Sameway with the Yamaha dealer in Oxford MS.

At least I have never had a problem with either of them!