Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Polaris Pride

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2001, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of each, and so far have'nt gotten into a fight with myself, lol
Seriously, though, the Honda DOES seem SLIGHTLY better put together, but whenever someone comes over and wants to go 4-wheelin', they want to drive the Polaris. All but one guy, who refuses to drive anything but a Honda. Not to insult him, but a closed mind is an immature mind.

Old 01-07-2001, 03:34 PM
Range Rover

man all you guys arguing abour 4 wheelers again!! here is the deal.... 4 wheelers are for wimps who cant ride anything else like a motorcycle or a 3 wheeler!! in my opinion 4 wheelers suck!!!
nevermind all that i just looked in my gargage and there happens to be a 4 wheeler!! 4 wheelers rule!! lol

Old 01-07-2001, 04:07 PM
Trailblazer

Yo, chill out, man. I drive my dad's Kawasaki KLR250 and Kawasaki ZR-7 motorcycles all the time. I don't have a motorcycle license because I'm only 16, but I figure if I'm wearing jeans and a jacket and I don't do anything wrong, nobody will notice. =)
And that guy was right. Honda owners do have Honda pride, but they don't hate on Polaris as much as Polaris owners hate on Honda owners. As you can see from my signature, I own a Honda Rancher 4x4 and a Yamaha Kodiak 4x4. I like my Kodiak better because it has a smoother ride, it's really sporty in 2WD, and it has a bigger seat which makes it more comfortable when I take a friend. But, I love my Honda for its capability. I swear, my Honda is such a tough quad and it is more capable than my Kodiak. Maybe the reliability, toughness, and capability of Honda ATV's are what make Honda owners have their pride. I never see anyone talking about how reliable or tough their Polaris quad is...

Old 01-07-2001, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

My Polaris Xplorer has been nothing but reliable my friend. Sure, I have changed a few things...but that is normal on any quad with 2500 miles. Very reliable.

My Scrambler is realiable too...but it has it's weak points such as hub seals, hub seals, front sprocket... and thats about it. The rest is all great. Changed a few minor weak "stock" parts and ready to ride!

Take pride in what you ride and take pride in the fact that you can ride...not everyone is as lucky as we all are in here!

Old 01-07-2001, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

MrElussive,
Let be one of the first then. My Polaris is extremely reliable. I have yet to have anything break without a lot of help and stupidity on my half. And I have never went out and not had it start with 1 push of the button. And that is with it spending its first year outdoors under a tarp, even in the cold Maine winter, due to no storage space.
And as for it being tough? It is as tough as any other machine in its class. It has never broke on me, other then a bent a-arm. Again, that was because of me hitting a rock at a high rate of speed and momentum, not a bad weld or anything.
As for it being capable. In the places I ride, I am just as, and sometimes even more capable then other 2x4 machines.
Now is this pride, sure it is. But you know what? You don't see me going around to other forums with a topic like "Honda Sucks". In fact while I was home to WI on vacation, I rode a Suzuki. Had just as much fun too. Had it been a Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, or whatever else, I would have had just as much fun.

Old 01-07-2001, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Xplor I agree we are lucky to be on new ATV's.
Life is Sweet!!!
In all reality though most of you are working are butts off trying to pay off these toys, I know I am.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400