Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

'01 Rancher 350

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Rancher 350

thanx yea i think i can find at right around the corner at advance auto and that aint too bad for the price
Funny u say about the fuel filter because jus last week i put an in-line fuel filter in but i guess it was too late by then.
Seafoam! yea i have used this stuff for a lil bit now and its amazing
Whats with the acetone and how do i use it with the gas tank and carb?

Old 01-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '01 Rancher 350

SwampRancher Acetone is a drying agent contractor's who pour and finish concrete use it to help speed up the drying of concrete , but after i remove a fuel tank or carb i use water to wash out the Chem Dip ; and i pour out all the water from the tank !

Then i pour in some Acetone in the tank and just slosh it around in the tank , then pour out the excess Acetone and let it air dry ; it doesn't take a few minutes for the Acetone to dryup in the tank ; and by the time you wash out the Chem Dip from the carb the tank is dry !

Then pour some Acetone into a pan or a cutoff milk jug , then put the carb and small metal part's like the jet's and submerge everthing in the Acetone bath ; and it will air dry in 30 to 60 second's it's the fastest way i know of drying water from anything and you're done in a hurry !

Then all that's left is putting the pieces back together , and you're done ; i've used it for year's when prepping metal fuel tank's for the Kreem tank liner's and it just as fast as you can get !

I sunk my cousin's first new quad in a creek we were riding down it when it got to deep to go any farther , and on the way back i forgot which side we were on coming down the creek ; i stopped and asked my cousin which side did we take on this spot ?

We were doubling on his small 89' Suzuki LT 250 quad runner 4x4 when he said i don't know you were driving !

I told him i didn't remember he said go to the right , i should've gone to the left when he said right but i didn't ; and the next thing i knew water was up to my neck completely submerging the quad it just killed the engine !

I told my cousin to get off and as soon as he got off the quad bobbed up out of the water , i told him we were in for a long haul back to the truck which was almost 2 mile's and here i am with no leg's i did alot of hopping crawling and swimming back to the truck ; and it was getting dark fast and i didn't tell him about all the water snake's that would swim down the creek in front of us or he would've gotten out and walked along the creek bank leaving me to go it alone !

I waited till we got back to the truck and headed back to my place to get my Foreman and go back to tow his quad out of the creek , when i told him if he saw all the snake's swimming up the creek in front of us ; he said just what i thought he would ; he said if i saw just one snake in the water i would've gotten out of the creek and walked along the bank back to the pickup ; and i told him i knew it and that was why i didn't say anything about snakes in the water !

And to tell the truth if i had leg's i would've done the same , but it was alot easier for me to swim through these deep part's of the creek ; even though he had leg's i had to wait on him more than he did ! But that's when the Acetone come's in handy and let us know how it turn's out !

It took me four or five hour's to dry out everything with kerosine and Acetone , it would've taken all day to drive out all the water ; if i hadn't used the Acetone !

Just try it and you will like it , i guarrantee you will love it after you see how fast it work's ; i worked over 20 yrs. in the Small Engine Service and Repair Industry drying out fuel tank's on lawn and garden equipment that was left out in the rain by my customer's so i know quite a bit of secret's in getting the water out ! Good luck to you and let us know how it turn's out !.........