Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2008 rancher clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009 | 05:46 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default 2008 rancher clutch

my ranchers clutch seems to rattle when just cruising down the road. if seems to shift fine and it doesn't seem to slip at all. The whole bike is stock, ever since i got it home if i let it sit for a while the clutch don't release when u pull up on the shifter, i've changed the oil had the valves adjusted and have personally adjusted the clutch more than once. I do it when the motor is cold or like b4 i go for a ride i push it into the shop turn the screw counter clockwise just until i feel it hit the resistance then a quarter turn back is this right or not? I'm worried somethin is wrong with my new machine already anyone else had this kind of problem?

Old 03-18-2009 | 03:59 PM
|
Trailblazer

bump.....
any help would be appreciated on this one.

Old 03-19-2009 | 07:00 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gerkendave

my ranchers clutch seems to rattle when just cruising down the road. if seems to shift fine and it doesn't seem to slip at all. The whole bike is stock, ever since i got it home if i let it sit for a while the clutch don't release when u pull up on the shifter, i've changed the oil had the valves adjusted and have personally adjusted the clutch more than once. I do it when the motor is cold or like b4 i go for a ride i push it into the shop turn the screw counter clockwise just until i feel it hit the resistance then a quarter turn back is this right or not? I'm worried somethin is wrong with my new machine already anyone else had this kind of problem?</end quote></div>

As I recall, the adjustment has to be done on a cold engine!

Old 03-20-2009 | 04:55 PM
|
Trailblazer

reconranger as you can tell i do adjust it when the motor is cold hence the part in my post that says "i do it when the motor is cold" and the part that says "i push it into the shop" i don't even start it and ride it to the center of the shop, (a whole 10 feet from where it gets parked) i manually push it so the motor hasn't even been run for even a couple seconds.

Old 03-25-2009 | 10:26 AM
|
Trailblazer

Well i have a doctors appointment for the rancher next friday so we will see what it turns out to be i'll keep you all posted on what is wrong with it

Old 04-01-2009 | 03:37 PM
|
Trailblazer

well got the rancher back early and they told me they couldn't hear the rattle and that its normal for the clutches to stick like this and i shouldn't worry about it. So they adjusted the clutch and i plan on takin it out this weekend and give it a good hazing to see if it is any better. I thought I read on here somewhere that the clutches do stick when new but after a few rides they should stop sticking is this right or not?