Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, the when water gets in, possible short circuit may happen to the wires,,

Old 05-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

went up and talked to the service manager this morning about my foreman. He said they had already checked the wires. He said that my 500 wasn't in that recall but they went ahead and checked. Spliced the wires and ran a resistance test and found nothing. He said the only thing that they (and Honda) have been able to come up with is that the meter is bad. But they're gonna run some tests today to check it and let me know

he said my foreman runs great. doesn't appear that anything is bothering it so that's why the meter makes sense. This is basically how he explained the meter to me (correct me if I'm wrong): That it reads any error codes that are thrown from any sensor or what not. So if it's throwing these false error codes that would explain it. He said I could prob drive it forever and not have a problem, but if it ever starts throwing a code I wouldn't know if it was true or not. Sound right? Well he said the meter thru them is expense so I looked at MRcycle.com and the whole meter setup is $154 so it wouldn't be that bad if I bought it. If anybody has anymore insight, help a brother out. thanks

Old 05-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Range Rover

I'd be more thinking that Honda Mechanic is on the money here - we have had those 2007s where we have had to change out the whole wire harness -- I've got one in the yard now , 241 miles on it, recall wasn't done , 13 flashes , changed the throttle position sensor twice - but the corrosion is in the harness.
Keep up the pressure on Honda - they can do without the hassle - and bad publicity.
sure the motor will run great but the flashing comes more often, far more from bad resistance on the electric circuit - a small amount of corrosion is all it takes.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by zitaron
I'd be more thinking that Honda Mechanic is on the money here - we have had those 2007s where we have had to change out the whole wire harness -- I've got one in the yard now , 241 miles on it, recall wasn't done , 13 flashes , changed the throttle position sensor twice - but the corrosion is in the harness.
Keep up the pressure on Honda - they can do without the hassle - and bad publicity.
sure the motor will run great but the flashing comes more often, far more from bad resistance on the electric circuit - a small amount of corrosion is all it takes.
well there was a recall done on this one 06/08 I found out earlier. If the recall was done why is it messing up now? I guess maybe they didn't find the corrosion in the wires?

Old 05-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would think if a person unplugged the connector on the ECM and on the TPS, you could take an ohm meter to it and verify continuity of the wires, and check for shorted together or shorted to ground...

Old 05-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer

talked to shop this morning and they said that they're putting it back together as we speak. I asked him what they figured it out to be and he said it appears that a sensor was out of adjustment. Don't really see how a sensor could be out of adjustment, but he said that it solved the error codes and it's not throwing any and running great. So maybe they fixed it. Now i'm just scared of my final bill considering they've had it for 3 1/2 wks and been working on it alot. I don't have any parts in it, so it's all labor charges but that's kind of what's scaring me the most considering it's $70/hr.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

There is an initialization process you do whenever the TPS or computer gets replaced, where the computer learns what ohm range the sensor gives from the idle position to full throttle. Maybe that was all it needed?

Old 05-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by JeffinTD
There is an initialization process you do whenever the TPS or computer gets replaced, where the computer learns what ohm range the sensor gives from the idle position to full throttle. Maybe that was all it needed?
I guess so. I'll talk to the service manager Tuesday when I pick it up and find out everything. I understand that could make it throw a TPS error code but I don't understand it could make it throw other codes because they stated that it's not throwing any codes now and the adjustment resolved everything.