Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon Vs Brutemax? Im in between!>??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon Vs Brutemax? Im in between!>??

So I can get a better deal on the brutemax but i I feel the Rincon is a better all purpose built machine.. Has anyone ridden either? ANy input?
Im new to the ATV scene ::

Old 12-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are not very similar machines!

Honda describes the Rincon as an "SUV", not a utility.....their intended audience is aging baby boomers, who want a cush cruiser couch ride. It has a torque converter automatic like a car, no low range, and unfortunately no engine braking at low speeds (stop you dead engine braking is a lifesaver when descending a nasty hill!). If one wants a comfy trail ride that will not include particularly nasty technical terrain, this is probably the best choice on the market!

The BF on the other hand is another cookie cutter belt drive, from a manufacturer that thinks that mushy long travel suspension is the way to get a better ride. What it does, is make for a tall unstable machine with a high center of gravity! I had to rescue a guy who dumped his BF off the trail on an off-camber (by off the trail I mean like 50' down a steep mountainside!). His low side dove, and he couldn't keep the big machine from going over. Thing is, I have ridden that same trail a thousand times on my little Rancher at full speed....and never felt pareticularly unstable. No thanks!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Trailblazer

My family owns an 06' Rincon. I will say it works great on rough trails because of the independent suspenion. You don't even have to stand up when you go over the rough stuff. The automadic transmition is nice when you are in an open area, but I used the manual trans when I am on the trails. The only thing it does not handle the best in is the wet mud, but i have never gotton stuck on it. Handles great in snow and on ice. The fuel injection works great on the Rincon too. I would call this quad a sport Utility because it is very fast and not a real work horse. However we have towd trailers and wood splitters with it and it works really good. If you where only going to do work and not much trail riding, I would look at a Foreman, but if you do a lot of trail riding the Rincon would be a great quad.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I am not sure how many times you are going to post this question but here is a comparison link between the two. JFYI the BF had EFI as well!
2010 Honda FourTrax® Rincon® (TRX®680FA) ATVs