Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Brakes and Clutch Problem... PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Brakes and Clutch Problem... PLEASE HELP!!!

I have this article also posted in the chinese quads but figured you honda guys might be able to help. I bought a used Roketa ATV-06. My first mistake was buying a used quad that someone else beat the hell out of and ripped apart. My second mistake was buying a Roketa. Buying used would not be a problem if there were resources available (Service Repair Manual). My friends (whom are Polaris mechanics) and I blindly rebuilt the engine, honed out the cylinder, and replaced the broken compound gear. The problem now is since we got it to actually run, is trying to stop it. The rear brake line was damaged (looks like the line touched the exhaust at some point). And we cannot properly get the brake line bled. With the front handgrip we got pressure which is somewhat pushing on the back brake caliper, but nothing to the front. When we try to bleed the front brakes using both the foot lever and the front brake lever we get some fluid but hardly any pressure. The front caliper will not close and there is no tension what so ever on the back brake lever. The way the system appears is that the hand grip has a 60” line that runs to the rear caliber. From the caliber it has another line running back up to the front brakes which splits to go to each wheel. What we are assuming is that when the line got damaged maybe a piece of braided steel got in the line and froze up in the rear caliber. Has anyone experienced this problem in a Roketa, or possibly another quad? I am open to suggestions. The only way to avoid all of this troubleshooting is to replace the whole brake system from Roketa’s website running me about $200. Another problem I am having isn’t as aggravating. Now that the bike is running it seems like the clutch plates may be bad. It feels like after you shift gears (4 Speed +Rev) it wants to slip and then build up torque. Is this a clutch issue or possibly something within the engine? Again, I am open to suggestions even if it’s saying to scrap it and buy something better haha. Thank you for taking the time to read this!