Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what dealers will sell them?

Old 10-12-2001, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

I called the number listed with the pics & they gave me the # and name of the closest dealer to me.

Old 10-12-2001, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Good Job juggalo. That machine, if it ever sees real production will show alot of people what performance is all about! None of that "usuable power" Rhetoric!! Wouldn't you know I just spent $6500 on a Snowmobile!? Damnit!

Old 10-14-2001, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

ATK is the company that bought the rights to the Gas Gas Gnu! It was scrapped as a Gas Gas idea due to the cost involved in production. One of my very good friends rides Trials and has a Gas Gas trials bike. He lives in Blue Springs Mo, right next door to the man that imports all of Gas Gas' motorcycles that are available in the US. This quad is NOT I repeat NOT in production from Gas Gas. If it comes out it will have an ATK or possibly Husaberg name plate attached to it and won't look anything like what you see in that picture. From what my buddy tells me, it ain't happening fellas! Sorry to burst anyones bubble but those are the facts that I have been told. I would love to see it happen but I sure wouldn't get my hopes up. The sad facts are that by 2006 you won't even be able to purchase a 2 stroke motor if the environazis get their way.

Old 10-14-2001, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

MY bad fellas! I just got off the phone with Scott my buddy in Blue Springs. The quad that Juggalo has in his photo album is in fact due to start production in the near future. He tells me that ATK in fact purchased Husabergs quad project and is in the process of revamping the design that they had started up 2 years ago. A 600cc and or 400cc 4 stroke is what we could see from ATK! Heres to hoping that the guys at Gas Gas follow through this time and don't drop the project right as it is slated for production. If I had looked at Juggalos pic first I would have realized we weren't talking about the GNU!

Old 03-15-2002, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Well, anyone else have any info on this? Sorry for digging up an old post.

Old 03-16-2002, 01:26 AM
Trailblazer

as an old skool quad junkie kid's its not happenin iv heard about gas gas quad's since 96,however you never know the 400ex popped outta nowhere after a 2 year stream of bull sh@# and hear say,a new 2 stroke is unlikely but maybe gas gas has some gut's,wouldn't that be slick id have one but if ktm is building that or any quad stay away from it for a few year's some of the hard core junkies like myself might remember the ktm 501 i think and the 600 and somethin all the inforcer quad's were junk hey made a polaris look like a honda,huge list of pro's and they had them from 9 grand which was there 400 all the way up to i think 13 grand for there 600 which was the worset one for failing part's

Old 03-16-2002, 01:49 AM
The Facility

I am glad someone dug up this post because there have been alot of developments since then.

First of all Teamgreen, I don't know what your buddy Scott has been smoking, but the GasGas bikes are imported to Knight's Cycle in Cleveland, MS. nolan Knight is the owner. i have dealt business with this man for over 7 years now. He is a former hare scramble racer and his son Nathan Knight is currently racing the GNCC series on a GasGas.

One month ago at the SERA banquet, he announced that he is going to have his own line of performance ATV's and motorcycles here in the U.S> The bikes will continue to be built by GasGas, but re-badged with "Knight" logos and graphics. The smaller bikes and quads will be made in China by the guys who make the majority of the mini's already out there. the first model ATV will be the "Knight 90". Two performance models will be released after the bikes and youth ATV,s. One two stroke and one four stroke. From what I understand, the engines will be Chinese made and will resemble the older Japanese engines. [expiration of patents] Kasea has done the same thing using the Honda Rebel engine in it's new 250 quad.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for right now, the GasGas [Knight] quads will most likely be of poor quality and finish. Knight will still be the only importer of GasGas motorcycles in the U.S. but will have his own line-up as well.

Old 03-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

This isn't a good thing for the sport. It is bad enough that all those inexpensive and poorly built minis are on the market, but it would be horrible to have them move up to the sport quad ranks. The loads and demands of sport riding will break those machines, and unfortunately I forsee some riders getting injured and once again our sport might get blemmished. Perhaps I am peering too deep into it, but product liability almost wiped out the sport once...