Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What mods to make a 400EX run with a stock Banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 01:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In your post I noticed that you have a twist throttle How do you like it, I was thinking of converting my daughter e-ton her thumb gets tired also my nephews blaster. I posted questions on twists throttles and everybody basically killed the idea. Most of the reasons were because of going threw woops you will have a tendacy to pull back witch will increase the throttle. Please e-mail me with your input pro's and con's. I am going to change my daughters e-ton she is only 5 and could last about 15 to 20 minutes then her thumb is dead. Do you know of any places who sell twist for mini quads? Thanks
2002 400ex
ac racing nerfs
ac bumber
e-series slip on
K&N power kit

Old 11-22-2001, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

I have seen and heard of lots of banshees winning on the mx track. Lonestarbanshee being one of them. And I'm not sure (I wrecked and had to go to the hospital so I didn't get to watch the races) but I do think that he said that the top three in the amature class were Banshees too. If you think Banshees never win any races than your crazy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2001, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Suzuki Forum

ok 2strokesrule whats the next step???

Old 12-04-2001, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

400EXs handle so well because they don't have a motor. EXs outrunning Banshees? What's the world comin' to and what are y'all smoking? Those Honda boys from around here talk a lot of crap but they all hide in the bushes when I kick Old Yeller over. Trailriders. Hondas are good bikes but damn I like a good adrenaline rush, not a handful of NoDoz. How many Banshees stay stock anyway? I don't think that was the idea. The guy that owns that one must be a fraidy-cat.

Titan, what's the story on that Tecate? I love those bikes. There's a guy down the street from me who has an old Tiger. A REAL MEAN looking thing. Never rides it either, what a waste.

Depalma, try to find a minibike twist. I prefer a twist over a thumb and think that THEY are the safest of the two for a couple of very good reasons. 1) A kid can punch a thumb wide open(unless you have a throttle stop) with little or no effort whereas they usually don't have the range of motion to fully open a twist throttle instantly. 2) You have both hands enclosed a little more securely on the bars. Make sure you allow plenty of clearance between the bar and the grip so it doesn't hang wide open. I never have understood the idea of the thumb throttle to begin with.