Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Cops and atv's dont mix

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well,like I said it was just my opinion.

Old 01-04-2002, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

this is to sporty400
i agree with what your saying. when we go down the road its breaking the law. when where speeding its breaking the law.
but how come when officers are off duty doing these things its not against the law for them? there seems to be no laws for police officers? is that fair?
what i am saying is if the police want us to follow the laws they need to too when off duty.

but i do thank you and the other honest police officers that do risk there lives for us each day i sure wouldnt want that job [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2002, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

evhwg thanks for the thanks.

Yes i do let off duty officers get away with more is it right myabe maybe not but its part of the brotherhood. He may be backing me up one day or taking a bullet for me.

But what i said before step out with an attutide and alot goes out the window cop or not!!

Old 01-05-2002, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

What cops extend to cops is called a "professional courtesy", cops also extend them to us Firefighter-Paramedics. If it was'nt for the "professional courtesys" I'd have too many tickets. They extend these usually to us also because the day may come that they need us to help them and I may remember "hey, you gave me a ticket" then they might not get the "good" pain killers or any at all. "You hurt my wallet now feel my pain". ROFL

Cops, firefighters, EMT-Paramedics are not above the law by any meens. We just look out for each other on and off duty when possible.

Old 01-05-2002, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

Ohh thats ok Sporty4002x4. I did think you were talking directly to me. Sorry bout' that. I kinda believe your a cop....but there's one thing that leads me to believe that your not...you put "theme" instead of "them"! I mean you would think that a cop would know how to type and write....! Or, is that the way they write and talk around where you live? Or, is that a typo?? If so, you made a lot of typo's.....

Old 01-05-2002, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

all I know is that I just came home from the barbershop and there were 2 (yes 2) officers getting their haircut while in police uniform while their cars will still running. First problem with that is they were on duty, and getting a haircut. Now i dont know about you fellas, but if i just left my job and went and got a haircut and came back, i wouldnt have a job anymore. Why were their cars still on? Just to burn more taxpayers money for gas, or was it so the dispatchers would think that they were just sitting somewhere waiting for speeders. Sporty, in no way directed to you, just like every job, there are good and bad people, but in my town, guess they just arent good.

Old 01-05-2002, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

This isnt about a four wheeler ATV but an 8 wheeled LAV. I remember being in a convoy once of about 25 LAVs (light armored vehicles). Keep in mind these are not small, but about 14 1/2 tons of steel. Some have 25mm turrets on top, 25mm gatlet guns with 8 stinger missiles attached, some with mortors, anti-tank guided missiles and USMC in nice bold letters on the side etc. etc. etc. you get the point. Anyway we're driving down the road and get pulled over by a county police officer, all of us. He starts saying we werent allowed on the roads, i mean we've had these things on the busiest of interstates many of times, they are street legal. Anyway, he trys to give us a hard time saying we cant keep going and long story short, the officer in charge of the convoy walks up to him calm as could be and says, if you have a problem, take it up with the Marine Corps. Then we all just drove away, i mean seriously what was the point, just to try and throw a wrench in a smooth operation. I have nothing against police officers, but i think their actions could definitely use a second thought once in awhile, just like everybody else. Anyway, i just find it a little humorous, hoped you might too.
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/lav-25.htm <---- a page on some LAV's if interested

Old 01-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

off duty cops suck they ride where ever they want,but when they are on duty they forget.

Old 01-05-2002, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

So derekhonda, what your saying when I go to work for my 24 hour shift I can not and should not go to the store for food, go to the bank and ect. just because I'm driving a City Fire Engine? Would you rather I sit at the station waiting by the radio for a call. I can't get a haircut while I'm on duty? Because I'm wasting tax payer money? In fact as long as I stay in my assigned area I have better "faster" responce than if I leave from my Firestation. If I go out of my area to do these things then I say yes the taxpayer should be pissed. Would you rather the Cops stay in thier station waiting by the radio for a call or would you rather they be on the road even a barber shop getting a haircut where thier police cars be seen? I'd rather the cars be seen at the barber shop. Its a fact that thier cars out on the road be it a barber shop, 7-11, bank is a crime deterant. Who does'nt hit the brakes in your car as soon as you see a cop car, even though you know your doing the speed limit? Everyone does and I meen everyone its natural and a speeding deterant. I agree they should shut the motor off on thier cars when they are getting a haircut or doughnut it is a waste of money. But don't crack on the cops, EMS or Firefighters for doing personel business while on duty its better for the public that we are on the roads. Tell you what, I won't check out my Fire engine and Rescue truck out every morning either because they have to run for the 10-20 required to check the emergency lights and other equipment because its a waste of tax payer money, so when I show up "if the truck even starts now that I did'nt check it" to help you the taxpayer and my equipment does'nt work I'll just say well its a waste of you money to check it everyday so now you have to die because I can't use the Jaws of Life to cut you from your wrecked car. Would you rather we not go do training also? This is time consuming and causes a responce delay also. We keep our trucks running during training so we can run the fire pumps and other equpment. Is this going to be a waste of your tax payer money also? So now you'd have us not train and keep up our skills? What are you F'n thinking?!?! BTW, its not the cops fault for not spelling correctly that how they become cops they could'nt pass the Firefighter-Paramedic exam. HEHE had to put a Cop "jab" somewhere in here.

Old 01-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Im a cop not a novel writer yes my spelling sucks, I know this. So when i write a report I spell check everything since i do that while at work i dont like doing it on here thats all.
Funny on the cop Jab there. ProEmp.

Quick Reply: Cops and atv's dont mix