Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon Won't go over 20 MPH. And Screen is Flashing.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002 | 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

TEXmud,

Please don't take that last paragraph as a blast on just Honda. All manufactures do it too. More than half of my Polaris manuals are devoted to safety issues (it's really hard to believe that people are THAT stupid, but I've seen them and know they are). No, I really don't want a shop manual for an owners manual, just a way to tell me how to adjust the valves and do routine maintaince WITHOUT taking the machine to a dealer. My Polaris manual does tell me how to do this, but it falls short in some areas. I'm into extensively modifying my machines and it does help to have a baseline to work from. This is why I bought a shop manual.

Oh, I'm sure that the transmission itself on the Rubicon is a fine piece of machinery, it's everything that leads up to it (computers, wires, connections) that I'd worry about. Still, if anything did go wrong with the transmission, I'd hate to think of that particular part being shipped back to Japan just to get worked on. If they at least had somewhere in the USA they could send it, things might be different. But until then, I'll keep my belt drives.

Old 01-10-2002 | 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

Mike, they dont service them. Its a complete replacement policy. A little pricy but well worth it for the tranny. My wife rides a 660 and I can say I like her tranny at all.

Old 01-10-2002 | 01:17 PM
|
Pro Rider

Mike

I meant no disrespect in anyway. Did you see the [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] in that comment? I do how ever know that I have never dissed anyone’s machine. i.e... Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, or any other for that matter. And if you had a problem with your machine I would try to help if I could. I just hate when you go to a thread and think you are going to get valuable information and you get a comment like “Honda Sucks” or “Buy Another Machine” it is a waste of everyone’s time. I say just ride and be happy with what you have. I show no product loyalty but I do value everyone’s opinion on here. My wife still gets on to me for buying a Yamaha whenever I have a problem with mine. Like that is all I need is a commit about if I would have bought a Honda. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Because that is what she grew up riding when she was younger and so did I for that matter and we had very few problems with them. Although I think a lot of times some people get on here and make themselves look like a fool and they don't realize how much informative information you can actually learn from some of the people on here. I actually think that 4-wheelers are getting very complex and they are only going to get worse. Just like the way automobiles are to day. It is the same thing you use to be able to work on a car fairly easily but now you have to take it to a dealer and have them put it on a computer to tell you that you need to change your oil. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I actually chuckled a little when you said hit control-alt-delete I wish it was that easy. I also agree with you the more complex something is the easier it is to break, may be not easier but more stuff there to break. That is why I don't own a vehicle with power windows or door locks not saying that I never will, but that is just something else to go wrong that I will have to replace someday. That is all I have to say I just wanted to straight a few things out. Who knows I might have a Polaris question for you someday.

Old 01-10-2002 | 02:22 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

TexMud

Where do you park when going to Spring Creek? They are handing out parking tickets like candy and I was wondering where was a safe place to park?

Old 01-10-2002 | 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have never been there. I just had it listed as a possible place to go.