Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Ban ATVs in PA? who is this little fa....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 04:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We should find this guy and do something

http://www.flyfishersparadise.com/so...ldsoap/atv.htm

Old 03-27-2002, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer

You should actually thank this guy he just did some work for you write these representitives and ask them for more places to ride! I'm not from PA but I'm gonna write the Gov. and ask for more places to ride because I would like to spend tourism dollars in his state. Oh and leave a little note on the message thanking Daniel L. Shields for the useful info.

Gov. Tom Ridge
225 Main Capitol
Harrisburg, PA 17120

State Senator J. Corman (Centre, parts of nearby counties)
817 E Bishop St.
Bellefonte, PA 16823

State Senator Robert Jubelirer (Senate President Pro Tem)
Senate Box 203030
292 Capitol Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120

State Representative Kerry Benninghoff (Centre, parts of nearby counties)
209 S. Allegheny St.
Bellefonte, PA 16823

State Representative Mike Hanna (Centre, parts of nearby counties)
508 Benner Pike
Suite 5
Bellefonte, PA 16823

State Representative Lynn Herman (Centre, parts of nearby counties)
Allenway Building, Suite 101
315 S. Allen St.
State College, PA 16801

State Representative Camille George (Centre, parts of nearby counties)
Room 38-B
Capitol Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120-2020

State Representative Dan Surra (Elk County)
Six Shawmut Sq.
S. St. Marys, PA 15857

Commissioner Scott Conklin (Centre County)
Willowbank Building
Bellefonte, PA 16823

Commissioner Connie Lucas (Centre County)
Willowbank Building
Bellefonte, PA 16823

Commissioner Keith Bierly (Centre County)
Willowbank Building
Bellefonte, PA 16823

Old 03-27-2002, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Well you can all see what we are up against. That is the perception that all ATV riders are reckless youths who go out of their way to destroy public and private lands. For everyone of the people who fish in the streams of PA. I'm sure there are several hunters and trail riders that use their machine in a safe and sane way.

I also liked that Daniel didn't have any FACTS, I saw this No date or Place. This happened, NO NAMES, no supporting documents....

Just goes to show that one loud mouth on either side of the ATV line can be made into a a$$ or not.

My thoughts.

Smitty

Old 03-27-2002, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

I just posted this in their E-mail. I would suggest that others do the same.

To whom it may concern, or Daniel L. Shields

I have just read your article on Banning ATV from public lands.

Although I don't flyfish, I find that your posting of the article by Daniel L. Shields was to promote bad faith against ALL outdoorsmen. The article did not include dates, time, people involved, police report, newspaper clippings, or anyother way to varify the incedents of the article.

I do ride ATV's and make it a point to not litter, clean trails, and I do pay for maintance of all trails with alittle over $25,000 a year in taxes State and Federal.

Having been to PA several times, I have also plan on enjoying the woods as you do. I like the quiet, I enjoy hiking and camping, and I don't believe that you won't use your internet site to come to some agreement with the parties involved. Like no riding though trout streams, no riding on hills that silt will become an issue in. Thousands of acres of public land that does not have streams anywhere near them could be effected.

questions:
1. How do you get to your streams? Walk, ride (car, truck, atv, bike), horse
2. Do you feel that everyone that uses the public lands should have some form of restrictions on their use?

This is not meant as a personal attack, just information that not everyone that ATV is a hollagan.

Sincerly

John A. Smith
jasmith@lexam.net

Old 03-27-2002, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm well lets see salt springs state park just ought 275 acres of land and it has trails all through and you know what the park official told our snowmobile club and thats to keep it open hes buying a sled closing goverment land not gonna happen

Old 03-28-2002, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer

I actually live right near where he is talking about the erosion. Do you want to know what erosion he is talking about? This interstate was built about 6 years ago. The buliders took fill-dirt out of an area to bulid-up for the road to make it level. This created a pit. This pit is accessable to ATVs (and LEGAL). This pit has beaten paths all over it because of all of the traffic of ATVs. The erosion he is complaining about is the two tire paths that the ATVs created. The erosion takes place in a bowl shaped pit that is probably 100 x 100 yards and was made by the State when buliding the road. Why does he complain about this? It is not even really erosion,.. it is path marks!! If he is fly fishing near this area, he must be more retatrded than what his page has made him out to be because ther is NO STREAM there. And the biggest noise pollution is going to be the cars and trucks wizzing by at 75mph 50 feet away. This guy is a real jacka$$ with an unrealistic idea of resolving a problem. Take no worries fom this idiot! He is right about not everyone in PA owning an ATV. But those who don't own one, won't be out in the ATV trail areas either. All state regulated ATV trails in PA are only accessable to ATVs and MCs, no other vehicles or non-vehicle traffic is allowed. So if he witnessed an accident, ther was somebody doing something wrong (illegally parked???)

Sorry about my ranting, but I hate IDIOTS and this guy is one!!!

Old 03-28-2002, 11:09 AM
Range Rover

Well, I suggest you write this idiot a n icely pointed email like I did!

Old 03-28-2002, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Email sent!